Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew I would't win but mine sounds WAYYYYYYYY cooler!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I told him I wanted a rematch through the twisties. He's not going for that. He keeps saying "but I will like..... uh pass you on the straights"

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice video!
Were you racing from a standing stop or did you race from a rolling start?
Did you start off in 1st or 2nd gear?
It sounded like you were in 5th gear when you went by, what gear was your friend in?
How fast did you and your friend get up to?
If I ever wear out my sv650, my next bike will definitely be an FZ1, unless Honda comes out with a liter naked bike. The Z1000 wouldn't cut it for me. I want a fairing on my next bike. As for the SV1000, I would like to try my hand at an I-4. Sorry SV, no offence!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very slow rolling start
1st. gear
3rd
120 me. 136 him
BOO stick with sv but the z 1000 is my hands down favorite bike for apperance.

BTW His FZ is jetted and piped.
Mine just a slipon
(not that that make any difference, just wanted to let you know)

·
Registered
117 Posts
jchea965 - I don't know, I just found and purchased and 'O3 SV1000 naked, and even with it fairly stock I am hanging pretty close to my buddy on a jetted and piped vmax on the straights, after the first oil change i hit 159mph on the dyno in 5th. I am hoping that when i get the power commander and pipes on it I will be able to hang with most of my Friends on their bikes. Although I almost bought the FZ1 until I found the SV i bought. There is just something about a v-twin, my first bike was a Honda hawk 650, and i have been a naked twin guy ever since. Couldn't ask for any thing more from a bike than what I got with thew one I bought.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would LOVE to get a SV 1000 but I can afford it. I like my sv way more than his fz. The damn thing is a tank. A fast tank but still a tank

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
joker said:
I would LOVE to get a SV 1000 but I can afford it. I like my sv way more than his fz. The damn thing is a tank. A fast tank but still a tank
i meant CAN'T afford it

·
Registered
117 Posts
I found a new '03 at a dealer for 6300, my monthly's are less than the gas in my truck each month

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow, 6300 is a very good deal for a SV 1000.
The cheapest new FZ1 that I've heard of was around 7200-7800.
I've had 2 single cylinder bikes, 1 twin-SV650, and I would like to try an I-4.
I have actually had an I-4 bike, an 81 KZ 650, but it is does not have near the performance of today's machines. The redline on my 2 cylinder SV650 is actually higher than the redline on the KZ650. (11,000 vs. 9,500)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The SV has a much better throaty sound :) :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
While the SV and will be my choice for a long time i will agree that the Fz1 does have that ;DWEEEEEEEEEEEEE ;Dfactor to it. My daddy purchased an 02 about a month ago it is alotta fun to hop off the SV and get on his and twist on it to feel some real acceleration. Sorry as hard as my SV tries it will never match the roll on power this thing has from like 60-120. Give me a twisty road, and id walk right past a truck load of Fz1's to get on my SV and really put a ridin on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts