Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm really looking forward to getting back on a bike soon after my accident a couple years ago, i used to have a sv650s 2003. i was just wondering has anyone heard anything a bought the new 2013 model? i been looking everywhere for some info but there's nothing yet,

And do you all think there going to change the bike this year? cuz it has been what 10 year almost since they did the new frame style.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
There is talk of a new model, which will be a redesigned or remodeled Gladius, with and without a fairing, and that it will be called an "SV650"

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm from Canada and that's what I been looking for. But I havnt found anything about a 2013 model yet in Canada. I better hope they have it for one more year and if they don't I might go with the ninja 650 maybe.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
:facepalm:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
yeah but that's the 2012 model, i was just wondering if there was any news on the 2013 model,;)
Nope. They're doing the same thing they did with some other models a couple of years ago : no '13 model, the '12 is just being sold for 2 years as the "new" SV in Canada.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
It's almost August. If there was a redesigned SV in the works we'd have heard about it months ago. You can still hope for 2014 if you want, but if you want a new v-twin you're gonna want to start looking elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Next model year info normally starts trickling in around September and everything is out in October. Take seat and check back when it starts snowing (in Canada).

I personally think the Gladius gets short shrift due to bad marketing. The engine refinements from the second gen SV are good ones and at its heart it's still the V-twin that makes (most of us) really enjoy our bikes. I won't be buying one since I want a bit more HP in my next ride, but I hate to see it get dissed all the time even thought I despise the footpeg system. But I digress...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
there may still be hope. didn't they stop with the v-strom then bring it back after a year or two?
They released a "new" model, but it was basically the same as the previous year when they did that. They just didn't import the "new" model into the states because of dismal sales figures and a ton of leftover dealer stock.

I honestly doubt you will see that with the SV (a bonehead move IMHO) because the powers that be see more sales power in the latest GSXR 1gazillion which they can market to the wife-beater/flip flops crowd and sell twice as many.

·
Registered
184 Posts
buddy has a 650 ninja.. nice looking bike, pipe is under faring near the rear wheel.. it's bars are closer to that of the sv650 naked. and there is no way to lower them as he found out.. the windshield is in the way one way and the lower faring in the way the other.. he dropped about 1" but he's still a good 3-4" above my sv650s.
mods and parts are space as well as finding guys that can help you.
on the plus side.. similar in ride to SV, low end torque!

BTW he's selling it.. he's in ottawa area.. you didn't mention where in canada you are..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Can't really blame em for it. Would you ship over a commodity that didn't sell like hotcakes? Especially after a year of poor fiscal performance. Hard to justify spending the money to have it shipped over.

If you want Suzuki to start importing SV's? Convince America to stop buying GSXR's, lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts