Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SV 650 vs. Ninja 650

Did anyone see last nights 2Wheel Tuesday episode on SPEED channel last night.
They were plugging the new Kawasaki Ninja 650 and comparing it to the SV 650.
I found it to be pretty interesting. I have never seen 2WheelTuesday and that is
an awesome show . The new Ninja 650......... I'd ride it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Re: SV 650 vs. Ninja 650

haven't been able to catch two wheel tuesday in quite some time but it used to be a great show from what i remember. they'd have different project bikes and would take a few weeks walking you through some of the mods they did to the bikes.

as far as the new ninja goes, i can't stand it. i sat on one at the IMS and wanted to get off as soon as i sat down. lets just say it didn't fit this tall, skinny guy. (6'2 and 170)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

So the Ninja 650 is for little people , huh? Well Ive only seen it on TV . I said I'd
ride it but I dont know about owning one. I cant wait to blow the doors of one on
I- 635 on my old SV. TwoWheelTuesday is off air for two weeks then they are doing a
all new episode. That would be Tues. 28 th .

·
Registered
2,319 Posts

i saw it last night. they jam so much into the 30 minutes that you don't get a good feel for anything.

i did like how they showed the guy wheelying the ninja over the double yellow ;D

·
Registered
1,461 Posts

i noticed that too.

G

·

this is the one that finished second to me at Fontana last sunday.bike is not bad on race track.it is all black now,painted.only downside is seat is to low for normal people.I have bone stock one in garage and feels like chopper,low seat high bars.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts

TWF said:
this is the one that finished second to me at Fontana last sunday.bike is not bad on race track.it is all black now,painted.only downside is seat is to low for normal people.I have bone stock one in garage and feels like chopper,low seat high bars.
obviously modded, correct? ???

G

·

DougZ said:
obviously modded, correct? ???
of course,just like my sv is or any other bike that was in that race.
and to make it interesting we were racing against real race bikes like 250 and 125 gp bikes.
in bone stock street trim this bike is still good,same as first generation sv.
5 hp difference on dyno makes no difference in real life.so it comes down to what you like more.
both bikes are great for what they are intended to be.each has advantages and disadvantages.
only fact that we are on sv forum makes kawi not as good.

·
Registered
2 Posts

from what I read the ZX650 was created to try to get some of the SV650 market share. Kawi noticed the huge market and is attempting to grab some but is still unable to match the price

·
Registered
131 Posts

My buddy frank just got the 650R about a month ago, I just got a red 2006 SV650 a week ago. So far I like the SV better. Not any noticable difference in power(although we are both still in the break-in period, under 500 miles) Some things I noticed were the SV has a temp gauge, while the 650R just has a high temp light. Also I have a headlight flasher button where the 650R you have to flick them from high to low.

Oh, and the SV horn is more manly sounding :D

·
Registered
166 Posts

2NDGEAR said:
Also I have a headlight flasher button where the 650R you have to flick them from high to low.
which comes in so useful anyway

2NDGEAR said:
Oh, and the SV horn is more manly sounding :D
good of you to notice this though

·
Registered
571 Posts

hey TWF, got any more shots of that bike? that actually looks pretty good. i hate the stock looks of the zx650. the clipons look like the riding position would be much better than those wierd handlebars they put on too. and what is up with that exhaust? it looks like the pipe just comes out and then you put a huge 6" diesel truck tip on it. bet it's loud as hell though.

G

·

schultzboy said:
hey TWF, got any more shots of that bike? that actually looks pretty good. i hate the stock looks of the zx650. the clipons look like the riding position would be much better than those wierd handlebars they put on too. and what is up with that exhaust? it looks like the pipe just comes out and then you put a huge 6" diesel truck tip on it. bet it's loud as hell though.
I have few shots of our bike in building stage.
http://www.geocities.com/zoran164/penske.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/zoran164/forks.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/zoran164/penskeleo.jpg

1 - 20 of 42 Posts