Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any of the SV 650 2nd Generation racing guys measured their bikes front fork rake .. the standard rake is 24.8 degrees

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Has any of the SV 650 2nd Generation racing guys measured their bikes front fork rake .. the standard rake is 24.8 degrees
Are you looking at various gixxer swaps?

Most guys run 340mm-342mm in the rear (iirc, 10mm longer then stock) with the front dropped 10-15mm. I just went back to around 11mm after tucking the front with it at 15.

I dont think any good will come from going with a gsxr swap that alters fork rake. There is one generation (info is somewhere in ths forum, maybe faq) that doesn't change fork angle, but most people still seem to prefer a stock but modified front end as the gsxr stuff is just too stiff.

Only real benefit to gsxr is lighter wheel and better brakes.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
My bikes end around 23.6. Unlike previous post I have no tucking issues or stiffness problem with gsxr fronts, and offset is not concern to me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Guys

I only completed the bike last week .. and fitted a steering damper on Friday just in time for our first practices yesterday .. started with 5 mm fork pull through and 336 mm on the Ohlins shock .. ended with 10mm fork pull through and 338 mm on the Ohlins .. thanx so much for all your help .. the bike felt really good by the end of the day after some final damping changes .. measured the rake at the end of the day and it is 23.5

1 - 5 of 5 Posts