Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used a SV seat for a office chair?

I ask this because I have been really cracking down on my riding position/posture- I can sit for an hour easily on my bike, 2 up- no problems now..but damn if I get to the office and start slouching again.

It's easier to focus on my riding posture when riding because it's directly related to my riding... but I find I slouch in the chair when I am at the screen because (at least I think) it is unrelated to the coding :) I struggle to pay attention to the screen and my posture...

I am working on it- but I think NOT having a back to the office chair would help- and while- I have a spare SV seat... and a spare office chair base... why not?? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I think we're approaching this challenge from the wrong perspective:

Rather than using an SV seat in the office... why not just put your laptop on your SV?

Amiright? Come on. VPN that ****. Team synergy all up in here.

·
MOTORADOR
10,954 Posts
Throw in an in-helmet head-up display and you've got my +1

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think we're approaching this challenge from the wrong perspective:

Rather than using an SV seat in the office... why not just put your laptop on your SV?

Amiright? Come on. VPN that ****. Team synergy all up in here.
I wish my boss would have gotten us laptops...

A yoga ball may be the solution- I just realized though that since I've improved my riding posture I have been feeling FAR more comfortable on the SV than any other seat- even sitting on my couch, my back get sore... sitting in my car = sore back...

I know i don't get enough exercise... so I am guilty of that but I figure one step at a time... and better posture couldn't hurt.

Clipons on the desktop.... hhmmmmm :lmao:

·
Registered
272 Posts
The SV seat is so uncomfortable I hardly want to sit on it when im riding, never mind making a chair out of it! lol

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Turn the chair around, sit facing the back, stick your knee out and lean.

·
MOTORADOR
10,954 Posts
Are you planning on doing any knee dragging in your office?

Remember ATGATT.

Sent from my right shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There's more involved in your posture than just the seat. Your pegs and bars play a big part of it, too.
The pegs and tank i'd say do- but frankly with the right height ... the bars shouldn't apply- I don't put any weight on the bars... even under braking i hold the bike with my thighs and lower muscles as much as possible.

I don't think bars play into it too much...

All this being said- I think I might just try it for funzies and see what happens... worst thing is that I end up with a junk office seat base and a SV seat (which I already have soo..)

Thanks for the hilarious comments :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts