Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone Hello bikerzz Hello V power lovers.
im really happy being here with you in this forum site .This is my first new post here and hope you like it .Ok ! this is my Suzuki Sv1000s 2003 when i bought it , it was really really really in a disgusting situation😢 this what made me wont to revive it and give it a perfect agressive look🤔😎.this full restoration took me about 2 years and half
_Engine restoration
_Repaint work
_Aluminum polishing
And lots of lots of new parts and accessories.
🥵 i worked on it with my heart ,proficiency and too much patience . thank you

·
MOTORADOR
10,935 Posts
Shiny and purdy!

I don't understand the NOS thing, though.

Reactions: Balou900

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shiny and purdy!

I don't understand the NOS thing, though.
Thank uuuu OfirMX
Ok that NOS bottle is an idea came to my head :unsure:i baught a Fire Stop Extinguisher 🧯red bottle i striped all that red paint i polished it then i stuck a NOS sticker.

·
very big dumb
8,819 Posts
Thank uuuu OfirMX
Ok that NOS bottle is an idea came to my head :unsure:i baught a Fire Stop Extinguisher 🧯red bottle i striped all that red paint i polished it then i stuck a NOS sticker.
so you added unsprung weight and are constantly shaking a pressurized container next to a massive heat source... that's prolly not the best idea

·
Registered
610 Posts
Awesome bike!
And about the "NOS" bottle. It looks like you'll loose that thing after you hit your first pothole anyways.
But yeah, for your own and others safety please get rid of that thing. Otherwise, great work!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so you added unsprung weight and are constantly shaking a pressurized container next to a massive heat source... that's prolly not the best idea
Thank u Mad8vskills . Dont worry dear friend ;)befor doing this idea I have thought carefully about all the possibilities that could happen the weight of that bottle is only 200 gramms and ive attached it from the bottom . Secondly : what massive heat are u talking about loll .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome bike!
And about the "NOS" bottle. It looks like you'll loose that thing after you hit your first pothole anyways.
But yeah, for your own and others safety please get rid of that thing. Otherwise, great work!
Thank uuuu [ Sv650bklyn ] . Befor taking it for a ride ive attached it with a metalic catcher from the bottom then for a good test i run 275 km/h. the only problem was all the bike full of dirty crashed bugzz 😅

·
very big dumb
8,819 Posts
Thank u Mad8vskills . Dont worry dear friend ;)befor doing this idea I have thought carefully about all the possibilities that could happen the weight of that bottle is only 200 gramms and ive attached it from the bottom . Secondly : what massive heat are u talking about loll .
both rotors and forks convert kinetic energy to heat and then try do dissipate it into air

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Super clean, excellent! Would be nice to see the before pictures.
Thank uuuuu [irishgirl] . OK here u have it . ive even found some Rats 🐭 out there playing with wirings loll. i really want to
share all the details but its tooooo long file.
if you want any other details ,you can just ask
IMG_1292.JPG Poor engine

·
Registered
16 Posts
Excellent, lots and lots of work went into that. Really well done.

I’m thinking of doing a gentle refresh and styling update on my Gladius this winter now it’s mechanically excellent. Nothing like what you’ve done, just a frame de-rust, re-paint and metal parts electroplated or replaced. My sticking point is what colour to repaint and what styling touches to do. The main one is either to keep it simple and just stick a tail tidy on it or to cut and shut and create a semi-cafe racer with a shortened back end. Mine has abs which closes the gap in the frame that’s normally open in a cafe. Hmm dilemmas..

Sorry for the off topic musings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Excellent, lots and lots of work went into that. Really well done.

I’m thinking of doing a gentle refresh and styling update on my Gladius this winter now it’s mechanically excellent. Nothing like what you’ve done, just a frame de-rust, re-paint and metal parts electroplated or replaced. My sticking point is what colour to repaint and what styling touches to do. The main one is either to keep it simple and just stick a tail tidy on it or to cut and shut and create a semi-cafe racer with a shortened back end. Mine has abs which closes the gap in the frame that’s normally open in a cafe. Hmm dilemmas..

Sorry for the off topic musings.

Hey [quinnj3] thank youuuu ☺
Ok my friend gooo for it ,its winter best period for some restoration . U have SFV650 gladius 2012 what color ur frame black or red ??
Ok for semi caferace it will look agressive perfect because the original designe it gives to cafe race looking so for me some modification on the rear frame and as u said if the ABS hydraulic system is an obstacle for u it will needs some time for a good modification . I wish u all the best .just tell me when u get started👍

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey [quinnj3] thank youuuu
Ok my friend gooo for it ,its winter best period for some restoration . U have SFV650 gladius 2012 what color ur frame black or red ??
Ok for semi caferace it will look agressive perfect because the original designe it gives to cafe race looking so for me some modification on the rear frame and as u said if the ABS hydraulic system is an obstacle for u it will needs some time for a good modification . I wish u all the best .just tell me when u get started
It’s the white bodywork with black frame 2012 model. Quite rare from what I can see. Yes abs module may need repositioned, unfortunately it has to stay on the bike for mot purposes. The bike came from a riding school so has the battle scars to match. Has high miles but has been impeccably maintained and is mechanically sound. Some minor rust is appearing in the frame so it’ll be a full strip down and powder coat job. I really want it going again for late spring which is really putting me off a bigger build as I don’t have a lot of time each week to spend on it.

I thought the general shape and exposed frame lends itself really well to being a cafe racer. Clip on probably won’t happen but definitely a lower or even straight bar.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello everyone Hello bikerzz Hello V power lovers.
im really happy being here with you in this forum site .This is my first new post here and hope you like it .Ok ! this is my Suzuki Sv1000s 2003 when i bought it , it was really really really in a disgusting situation😢 this what made me wont to revive it and give it a perfect agressive look🤔😎.this full restoration took me about 2 years and half
Hi,
Beautiful job you've done. I wonder how the SV1000 handles, compared to the 650? I know it has about 35% more power for about the same weight, but I never got a chance to try one. I'm definitely keeping my 650, but I'm thinking sometimes about getting something more powerful. A part of me, that loves V-twins, wants to go with the SV1000, and another part of me tells me to get a 2005-ish GSXR1000, or 2009. That has a lot nicer suspension, even more power, etc... Also: where in CA are you located? I'm in the SF Bay Area.

·
very big dumb
8,819 Posts
wonder how the SV1000 handles, compared to the 650
having owned many of both, i could never go quite as fast in the corners on the sv1k. it feels heavy, and getting on the power is a lot more of a liability.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts