Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Sv650s is more sport orientated with a bikini fairing, (Unless you buy the SF) different riding position, more racy feel to it. Sv650n is more upright naked setup with handlebars, which is generally more comfortable. Otherwise same bike, different setups.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
SV650 - Refers to both models (S and N) of the SV650 platform, but also used to refer to JUST the N model
SV650S - Bikini fairing model with clip-ons and more aggressive seating position
SV650N - Naked model with handlebars and more relaxed seating position
SV650SF - Full fairing model with clip-ons and more aggressive seating position
SV650SU - Australian version detuned for less HP
SFV650 - Suzuki Gladius
SV650A or SV650SA or SV650SAF - Anti-lock brakes on the aforementioned models

Edit: The K, as mentioned, is the year designation for 2001+ models (I forget what they did for 99 and 00). It's added on to the end of the code, as in SV650SK3 for a 2003 S model.

·
Administrator
11,045 Posts
:dizzy:

So many codes.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
I think there is also a difference in chain length and sprocket combos resulting in slightly different gearing between the S and N models. This may also be unique to specific years.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I think there is also a difference in chain length and sprocket combos resulting in slightly different gearing between the S and N models. This may also be unique to specific years.
You're right, but so few people care about that and even less can tell the difference. The S up to 07 (I think) had a 44 tooth rear sprocket. The N had a 45 tooth rear. For one or two years they both had 45's, and then the N went away. I'm pretty sure current S's still have 45s.

And there are always the "middle-child" differences for the 2003 models. I don't feel like typing them out though.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I know of 2 of the differences. There may be more. One is the shifter pedal. It's connected to the footpeg instead of having it's own shaft and the rear subframe is different.
Didn't know about the shifter. Thanks for the info.
And yes, the subframe and seat are unique for that year, but are there any performance differences?

·
Registered
546 Posts
SV650 - Refers to both models (S and N) of the SV650 platform, but also used to refer to JUST the N model
SV650S - Bikini fairing model with clip-ons and more aggressive seating position
SV650N - Naked model with handlebars and more relaxed seating position
SV650SF - Full fairing model with clip-ons and more aggressive seating position
SV650SU - Australian version detuned for less HP
SFV650 - Suzuki Gladius
SV650A or SV650SA or SV650SAF - Anti-lock brakes on the aforementioned models

Edit: The K, as mentioned, is the year designation for 2001+ models (I forget what they did for 99 and 00). It's added on to the end of the code, as in SV650SK3 for a 2003 S model.
X for 1999 and Y for 2000?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The California models have a slightly smaller tank with some sort of exhaust relief thingy.

They also have a charcoal canister in the right side under tail section, though a lot of people remove them since there is no smog checks on motorcycles here.

My 06' had a rebuild title, I needed to get it a salvage title, and I went as far as removing the cat., charcoal canister, and PAIR removal with block off plate, and even after the DMV & CHP inspection, it passed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts