Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OMFG!!! What is going on with these Lower Fairing Supports?

Hi, I bought an 05 sv650s, and the owner gave me the lower fairing that had been installed on it previously. I found a PDF with installation instructions off the sv1000s website, but the instructions don't specify which fairing support goes on which side, and one is much longer and different shaped than the other. Here's a pic.

Can anyone tell me which one goes on which side? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMFG!!! What is going on with the Lower Fairing supports?

I'm pretty sure there's alot of members here...

:bs:

I'm going to retitle the thread so it sounds more interesting. Maybe I'll get a reply then. :nana:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, I cant install it quite yet cuz I need to buy motosliders before I remove my stock frame sliders. I need a few more bolts too.

I guess my real question is, "why did they make the brackets to different specs when the brackets attach to the frame at the same point on both sides, and the fairing and the frame should be theoretically symmetrical on both sides?" Also, the two brackets have different finishes, the smaller one being shinier and newer looking. So, I'm wondering if the previous owner had been missing a bracket, then got one for an sv1000s, or some other kit, to replace the missing one. Then when installing it, they found out it didn't work, explaining why they sold me the bike without the fairing on it. I guess I'll find out though. I was just hoping for some input from somebody who installed the fairing themselves...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts