Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really surprised at how easy the Suzuki FE was to install. Everything was pretty much unbolt the old and re-bolt the new FE. I only have one problem with the SUZUKI License Plate Fender Eliminator. What the HELL is the 1/4" to 1/2" GAP difference between the new FE and the old Fender at the Rear Tail Section all about? :eek:
I could maybe understand a 1/16" to 1/8" gap at the interface. But, this is just ridiculous and P1SS poor in my book. (slowly calming down ::))
Okay, so what have others done to fill this GAP? I would appreciate any feedback to help me fix the GAP issue.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have the same issue, I thought about getting black plastic and hotgluing the gap shut from the inside. But I'm sure there's a better solution somewhere. I just left the gap alone for now though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I did not buy an eliminator I made my own. Once you remove the rear fender there is a gap no matter what. I made a filler piece from some scrap sheet metal and painted it flat black. I used some  plastic clips  (similar to the underside of rear body panels) to hold it in place. It looks alright now and not very noticable.
good luck,
Les

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to everybody who has replied to my post. I just went the easy way for now and filled the GAP with some weather stripping tape.
Cheers!

·
OberKommandant
6,133 Posts
That's strange, I just went and looked at mine and there is, at the most a 1/8 in gap, certainly nothing I would worry about. I wonder why there would be such a difference in fit and finsh.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Liutas said:
That's strange, I just went and looked at mine and there is, at the most a 1/8 in gap, certainly nothing I would worry about. I wonder why there would be such a difference in fit and finsh.
I don't know that answer, and was expecting a little GAP. But, I was very surprised to find such a large GAP.
Other than the GAP issue, I was well pleased with the Suzuki FE.
Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts