• Rear: Something else?

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the CBR600 front fork tube/internals swap. It was only a few hours, used almost all original components, total cost $215 including new oil for a lightly used lindemann race tuned setup.
Made me wonder what everyone else went with... the GSXR swap just seemed like so many more parts and so much more work.
Also, been thinking I might need/want to upgrade or at least service my now 13 year old rear...

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I found a used G1 Ohlins for the rear and bought a Zoran/TWF modified stock fork with GSXR cartridges from another member here on the Forum. No regrets.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I did the CBR600 front fork tube/internals swap. It was only a few hours, used almost all original components, total cost $215 including new oil for a lightly used lindemann race tuned setup.
Made me wonder what everyone else went with... the GSXR swap just seemed like so many more parts and so much more work.
Also, been thinking I might need/want to upgrade or at least service my now 13 year old rear...
im looking to do the same to my k5 iv rebuilt the brakes and got a new front tyre and don’t really want the expense of GSXR front end. I stripped mine yesterday going for the f3 guts new springs and oil and going to get it revalved and shimed up correctly by a pro before track days. Are you happy with the mod? Is yours a pointy?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im looking to do the same to my k5 iv rebuilt the brakes and got a new front tyre and don’t really want the expense of GSXR front end. I stripped mine yesterday going for the f3 guts new springs and oil and going to get it revalved and shimed up correctly by a pro before track days. Are you happy with the mod? Is yours a pointy?
I'm very very happy with the f3 front mod. Mine were revalved when I got them and they work really really well. If I was going to track it, I'd have a tuner check everything over and help me get the preload and rebound adjusted right, but even with the rough settings I put in it soaks up uneven/potholed pavement on turns and stays planted, and now i can ride without the "i'm going to die" feelings I got before I started.
Mine is a pointy naked ('07).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts