Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My bike is a 05 naked with gixxer 750 front suspension and 1000 rear shock. Here are my suspension settings for a 215 lb. rider for street/canyon set up

FRONT
-sag is set at 6 turns from fully firm to 27mm, compression is 1/4 turn from fully firm, rebound 1 3/4 turn from fully firm

REAR
-sag set to 30mm, compression 12clicks from fully firm, rebound 14 clicks from fully firm

Hope this helps other dial in their rides.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Your front measurements should be in mm's like the rear, turns don't mean anything because of spring rate, rider weight and bike geometry.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
^Front preload is 6 turns. Like Currently said, this means nothing to anyone since we don't know if this is with stock springs. We also have no idea what your sag actually is. Sag is a distance.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have included my front presag setting in my original post and still set a 6 turn for a sag setting of 27mm for the front set up. Hope this keeps you guys from getting your riding gear in a bunch.

CHEERS

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
And none of the numbers mean anything without knowing the length and spring rate of the rear shock, and the length, spring rate and triple clamp offset of the front forks. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
And none of the numbers mean anything without knowing the length and spring rate of the rear shock, and the length, spring rate and triple clamp offset of the front forks. :)
Length and spring rate of the rear shock is what ever a 2005 GSXR 1000 uses
Length and spring rate of front shocks is what ever a 2005 GSXR 750 Uses
triple clamp off set is what ever a 2005 sv650 uses

I am just posting what bike I have with how the suspension is setup to give others with the suspension conversion information. This setup also works well for me at chuckwalla in the A group class. For full on racing application I can see knowing spring rates and offsets but it is not required for a good street/canyon setup.

If you want, you can figure it all out and let the rest of us know.

Good luck and keep the rubber side down

1 - 8 of 8 Posts