Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used bike from a chick that had it lowered I'd like to put it back to stock, she gave me the orginal dogbone links for the back but it looks like they lowered the front as well. What are the stock specs as far as measurements on the front forks? Pics would help me understand since I'm a newbie.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exactly 1 inch.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Chase said:
exactly 1 inch.
she lowered it exactly 1 inch  ;)

to put it back to stock, you'll want the lower surface of the fork cap flush with the upper triple. 

edit: that is, the front. to return the rear to stock, you'll want to put the stock dogbones back on. you'll probably want to do the front and rear at the same time.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Do yourself a favor...

When you put the stock dogbones back on, move the forks back down in triple but leave them 1/4 inch above it. The bike will act better.

Also, if you are going to have to move the front end like that you will probably have all the weight off it. Perfect time to change the stok fork oil to at least 10-15wt fork oil. It will make a huge difference and it VERY worth the extra effort.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I'm going to have a fun weekend thanks guys. (or people)

·
Registered
744 Posts
gahdzila said:
she lowered it exactly 1 inch  ;)

to put it back to stock, you'll want the lower surface of the fork cap flush with the upper triple. 

edit:  that is, the front.  to return the rear to stock, you'll want to put the stock dogbones back on.  you'll probably want to do the front and rear at the same time.
An the naked the tubes extend above the top crown by about 3 mm stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts