Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey , well as we all know, not everyone is blessed with the gene of tallness, including me...
i am 5'7 and more of a torso person... well my ? is does anyone know where to get suspension linkage things or what ever they are called so i can lower the bike, so its safe enough to plant both feet on the floor, rihgt now im kinda tippy-toed and on a hill its not safe at all.

the local bike shop is saying around $150 and they adjust sumtin in the forks and put them on, but i dont know if thats a good price or not.

thanks to all
chad

p.s - not sure if this is where this topic should go , but i guess its about product review

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
what year bike do you have?
if $150 includes the parts too, then that doesn't sound like a complete rip off for parts, install, plus front fork adjustment.  especially if you're not comfortable doing it yourself.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
First get rid of the stock foam in the seat. Install 1" high density automotive quality seat foam. That will buy you 1 1/2" and will be more comfortable. Next check your front and rear sag. It's not much, but if it's too tight on either end correcting will drop the bike another smidge. $150 including labor isn't bad for a set of dogbones and a front end drop. The goal is to drop the front and the rear an equal amount to maintain geometry.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, yea i know stuff about cars but wen it comes to bikes, i am completely at a loss, all i know is it needs to be done for safety reasons. IT is an 05, Yea i guess ill let them do it then, cause if its done perfessonally then atleast i wont have to worry bout it... the guy also said they might have to cut the sidestand and weld it back on after... is this true or no... he said he had to do it to the 02 version Sv, and not sure about the newer versions... well thanks for the input

Chad

·
Registered
64 Posts
He will have to cut the side stand most likely. He is going to raise the forks in the triple clamp to try and maintain the rake and trail the same. I am 5'8 and I cannot imagine lowering the SV. I have my Penske dialed up almost as high as I can go. I agree with what andyauger said, Shave the seat or replace the foam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts