Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have geometry setup numbers on a 2nd gen with 06 GSXR 600 front end installed?
Am running a Penske for rear.
Looking to get the best all around front and rear geometry setup for this configuration.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
lots of variables. tires? whats in the forks?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pirelli Supercorsa Pro - SC1 120/70 front and SC2 160/60 rear. Am running a 5" F3 rear wheel.
Ohlins 20mm kit in the forks setup by Stig Petterson @PPS.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot the .90 springs in the forks.
Looking to optimize the rake, trail, swingarm angle, ride height front and rear.
Just had the forks done so I need to fine tune the front to my liking. Try to keep the suspension setup as soft as I can so it can do it's job.
The GSXR forks are shorter than stock SV forks. I currently have fork tubes set close to 4mm above triple. Penske was ordered through GP Suspension and I have not altered ride height at rear, installed it as it came to me from them.
Bike seems to sit flat and level to the eye the way it's setup at the moment.
Do these bikes like to have more of a front end bias? Perhaps get the rear up a bit?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i dont have any experience with the gsxr forks, but i'v heard guys running them flush, since they are shorter, and start with the shock at 335 mm, and go up from there. with stock tubes 10mm above, and pirelli tires, my shock is 342mm eye to eye.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey Kris, I think you've tried to answer me on the WERA board but I have more questions so I'll ask here 'cause it's SV-related.

I've decided to put a gsxr shock for now. It's the 332.5mm gsxr1000 shock, so it's quite a bit shorter than your setup.

Now, our GP suspension dude says that length worked well for him and a few more people. My question is, how does the bike feel when it doesn't have enough rear height? How does it feel when it has too much? Basically what I'm looking for is some pointers to know that bike's geometry in the rear is way out of whack. I don't have experience to feel the finer points, just looking to get into the ball park.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
if it doesnt have enough, it wont finish the corner, run wide on exit, transition too slow, it may not transfer enough weight to the front-which will give bad tire wear on the rear......those things. if its got too much, the bike will seem twitchy, it'll turn in too fast on corner entry, it'll be too light in the rear under acceleration and will eat the tire up about an one inch or so off the side of the tire.....those things.

the bike is a package. the rear needs to work with the front, the front needs to work with the rear.

·
Registered
191 Posts
http://www.gmdcomputrack.com/

They have locations scattered around the country. When I get around to putting the GSXR front end on it will be worth the $150 to get the initial set up. Just write down all the measurements.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts