Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
consistentlyen following the break in period rules very closely. Keep it under 5k rpm for the first 800km and then under 7.5k until 1600km. Vary the speed of the engine during this period, don't go slow consistantly, etc, blah, blah....AND no passengers. Mind you I don't remember the last one in the owner's manual.

Now two weeks ago a buddy was stranded so I went to pick him with 200km left in my break-in period. For you Americans thats 125 miles I believe.

Ok either I am crazy or I am imagining that the tail is riding lower than normal. So am I imagine things or not? Is this possible or am I crazy? Help?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
no your not imagining things, to ride a pillon, you probably want to put some preload in the rear shock, a spanner wrench is suppplied in the tool kit

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No sorry I ment days after I had given this guy a lift. Suspension is set to 5 or second from the last setting. My appologies for the confusion.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
I believe you could be right. When I first got my SV I couldn't flat foot it, only on the balls of my feet. Now I can flat foot it. I believe that you have completed the break in on your spring. ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts