Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have ( had ) a link to a Twin Works Factory product in my signature.

I was asked to remove the link because I am not a supporting vendor there for I cannot sell products.

The thing is, why should I remove the link if im not the one selling it? I am not making a dime off of it. Again, I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING. I am simply supporting a product and company. No different then people saying in every oil thread that Rotella is the best. Should all those posts be deleted since Rotella is not a site supporter?

My suggestion is, allow people to support products. Nothing wrong with that, if you dont allow that there is no point of a forum.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Fer Shizzle. :thumbsup:

It's called "freedom of speech." I promote whatever the fcuk I want to. As long as I'm sure of the quality. We wouldn't suggest or recommend crap to people.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solid could you please change your avatar?

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
I'd like to support my avatar.....

swiest, it's a free country last I checked. do as you will.

·
Registered
522 Posts
swiest, is that a lego man in your avatar? I'm a mega blocks man and your support of the fascist Lego empire is offensive. Please change it.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mega blocks? you noob. :p

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
I'd like to offer my support for your avitar as well. I have a few ideas about where and how it could best be supported.

Btw, I agree w/Sam.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now I removed the link to the TWF product from my sig, because i decided to be nice to stew.

Hopefully he sees this thread....

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
I'd like to offer my support for your avitar as well. I have a few ideas about where and how it could best be supported.

Btw, I agree w/Sam.
I'll see if she can attend the rally, we can take turns;D

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'll see if she can attend the rally, we can take turns;D
As long as we're taking turns I'd like to offer my support as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
well i am new to the motorcycle word, just started riding last summer and i just bought an 08 sv650!! I had 2 lower the bike 1 1/4 inchs so i could touch the ground and then my kick stand was 2 hight as i took it off and cut an inch out of it and its sill at the welding shop!! fun fun!! Is there anything I should know about the sv650?

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
why did you just post that in this thread?

back on TOPIC!

Here are the forum rules

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Suzuki SV650 Forum: SV650, SV1000, Gladius Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
I dont see "user is not allowed to support products" in there,. If it shows up randomly that would mean it was just added.

·
Registered
298 Posts
So I have ( had ) a link to a Twin Works Factory product in my signature.

I was asked to remove the link because I am not a supporting vendor there for I cannot sell products.

The thing is, why should I remove the link if im not the one selling it? I am not making a dime off of it. Again, I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING. I am simply supporting a product and company. No different then people saying in every oil thread that Rotella is the best. Should all those posts be deleted since Rotella is not a site supporter?

My suggestion is, allow people to support products. Nothing wrong with that, if you dont allow that there is no point of a forum.
You can support a shop that helps you out and you are proud of all day long. The difference is that you were promoting their Products and providing costs which is advertising.

Fer Shizzle. :thumbsup:

It's called "freedom of speech."
This is a Privately owned Site...

swiest, it's a free country last I checked. do as you will.
However, again, this is a Privately owned site.

Stew

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can support a shop that helps you out and you are proud of all day long. The difference is that you were promoting their Products and providing costs which is advertising.

So I can just not put the price?

·
Chief Greeter
28,477 Posts
well i am new to the motorcycle word, just started riding last summer and i just bought an 08 sv650!! I had 2 lower the bike 1 1/4 inchs so i could touch the ground and then my kick stand was 2 hight as i took it off and cut an inch out of it and its sill at the welding shop!! fun fun!! Is there anything I should know about the sv650?
Hi sv650girl, Welcome to SVR. Usually a new SVR member posts a introduce yourself thread.

Have fun and ride safe!

:fiddy:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hey there, you'd be better off starting in this forum http://forum.svrider.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

·
Registered
827 Posts
So signature blocks regulated now?

I sort of remember your old sig with a link to TWF, and something to the effect of don't buy from a chiseler or something. That might have been the reason.

I think signature blocks should be off limits and it should be up to the member to put whatever he/she deems to be sig-worthy.

·
Registered
298 Posts
So I can just not put the price?
What you have now is fine. You are showing support for your shop. When you start to advertise commercial products is when it starts to get dodgy. Why dont you get your friends shop to advertise?

Stew

So signature blocks regulated now?

I sort of remember your old sig with a link to TWF, and something to the effect of don't buy from a chiseler or something. That might have been the reason.

I think signature blocks should be off limits and it should be up to the member to put whatever he/she deems to be sig-worthy.
The only issue is advertising for commercial goods. If they want to advertise their products tell them to contact myself or our sales staff.

Stew

1 - 20 of 50 Posts