Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I was hoping to get some advice on supporting the bike for front tire / fork removal.
All the bikes I've ever owned had a center stand. When working on the front I could put a jack under the motor and lift the weight of the front wheel. Obviously, the sv650 doesn't have a center stand (why, I don't know).

Any tips or tricks to get this done with a minimum expense?
Thanks!
Mike M.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you plan on lifting the front, keep in mind that you will first want a rear stand to keep the back end stable.

You can get away without having to buy a front stand. After supporting the bike on the rear stand, you can then jack the front of the bike up just as you have done in the past on other bikes, and then support it with either jackstands (and maybe some 2x4s) under the motor, or suspend the bike via the frame with heay rope attached to any exposed rafters overhead.

If you plan on working on the front end regularly, I's still recommend getting a front stand that supports the bike at the steering head. Although it would not allow you to remove the triples (you would need to follow the above method for that), it does make routine wheel and fork tube removal much easier.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I use a stem center stand . When im removing the head bearings I use jacks as well as tie downs hanging off the front frame rails up to the garage roof. This is just in case a jack collapses

1 - 3 of 3 Posts