Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I gotta wonder how chain clearence would be with the 5.5 inch chicken wheel.

Hell with the F3 wheel my chain is already less then an eigth inch away from the tire and occasionally rubs the tire on hard left handers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mr. Black said:

Hell with the F3 wheel my chain is already less then an eigth inch away from the tire and occasionally rubs the tire on hard left handers.
Thats a good question, anyone like to expand on this?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Flip the coutnershaft sprocket around so that the raised edge is inward and you'll gain a little extra clearance.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Mr. Black said:
A I gotta wonder how chain clearence would be with the 5.5 inch chicken wheel.

B Hell with the F3 wheel my chain is already less then an eigth inch away from the tire and occasionally rubs the tire on hard left handers.
Flip the front sprocket, add a washer behind it if needed to make the chain run straight, switch to 520 chain & sprockets, The SH rearwheel is wider and is not as easy to fit up as the F3. The spacers work, but "some assembly required" ie use your head and get everything lined up and adjusted to work without brakes dragging or chains rubbing. Bevel the rear brake pad edges, etc. If you want it to work, it will but it isn't OEM Suzuki so be prepared to work through the issues.

It'd be a good idea to have a couple files, a grinder, a dremel tool, shim stock and washers on hand when doing this sort of swap. Nothing is ever as easy as it seems. Honda did not intend for their stuff to fit your Suzuki. With some work it will!

T

·
0 Posts
Mr. Black said:

5.5 rim and 180 tire fits with any clearance issues,at least on my bike.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hmmmm

I wonder if I am doing something wrong.

Wheel is spaced right and the chain runs true. The front sprocket is already flipped and I am 520 converted.

180 tire on an F3 wheel and my chain is around 3/32nd of an inch from the tire.

I am not saying this is problem but I was a little suprised by it. :D

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Mr. Black said:
Hmmmm

I wonder if I am doing something wrong.

Wheel is spaced right and the chain runs true. The front sprocket is already flipped and I am 520 converted.

180 tire on an F3 wheel and my chain is around 3/32nd of an inch from the tire.

I am not saying this is problem but I was a little suprised by it. :D
mine is the same way with my f3 & 180 tire :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Glad to hear you got it done josh.

What do you think and where are the pics? :p

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Mr. Black said:

I havent done much riding, but so far it doesnt feel much different as far as the handling goes.

·
Registered
505 Posts
wonderjosh said:
Mr. Black said:

I havent done much riding, but so far it doesnt feel much different as far as the handling goes.
You mean other than it killed your quick turn-in and the bike feel like an Oregon logging truck in the turns now...... :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
606 Posts
wonderjosh said:

LIES It destroys the handling, Andy said! :!:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts