Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does anyone make a Superbike Tail for the SV ?? I installed one on my Triumph Daytona and it sure helped with the short inseam !!! Would love to find one for my SV

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am unsure if any companies have decided to make an superbike tail recently, but as I understand it, no companies do it anymore. Several people seem to have had luck using a GSXR tail but it requires some support buildup under the seat.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but this is what I have on my moto.

http://sharkskinz.com/streetsolotailusesstockseatsv650s2003-2008.aspx

I'm no help to the OP, but a SBK tail will actually eliminate the stock seat completely and have a reinforced fiberglass or otherwise platform that you rest your bum on instead. It could be ridden on perfectly fine as is, but most will put a thin pad on there mainly to keep you from sliding around on a slick surface.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm no help to the OP, but a SBK tail will actually eliminate the stock seat completely and have a reinforced fiberglass or otherwise platform that you rest your bum on instead. It could be ridden on perfectly fine as is, but most will put a thin pad on there mainly to keep you from sliding around on a slick surface.
Thanks mate. \m/

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Motofairings.com has a nice set up, I think neveneslate has those...

Edit: Nevermind I thought it had the seat support, but it uses the stock one instead

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
I had SBK tail, I liked it. gsxr1000 tail.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Maybe if you were to use one on the street, dont know why you would tho.

Its pretty nice for racing, you can "feel" the bike and pavement a lot more.

Reactions: jpratt847

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I agree that the quality isn't as high as sharkskinz or armour bod but if you click on the tail pick in that link it sure looks like a sb tail.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Put an R6 superbike tail on my '06 SV with a subframe from Chris Spohn of endurance engineering. Feels great. I wanted the seat up higher though...not lower. I'm sure you can customize to lower things a bit, but I'm not sure you'll get what you're after with a SB tail.

This is what it looked like before I started racing and crashing it :p

The tail has actually been fine through three crashes though.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I agree that the quality isn't as high as sharkskinz or armour bod but if you click on the tail pick in that link it sure looks like a sb tail.
It's an out of date picture, they stopped making an SV superbike tail a couple years ago.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
right, but not SBK tail

1 - 20 of 24 Posts