Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Superbike Galfer Wave Rotors

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TOLAROS 
#1 ·
Hello from Greece.Having decided to go for a GSXR front end swap to my curvy,I want to install Galfer wave rotors.I checked their site and saw the superbike one.But they are for race use only.Why is that?They are from the same material but the superbike are cyro treated.Do they have a smaller life?
In general do race rotors need to be used only for racing?What will happen when used on public roads(bad performance at low speeds,maybe?).
Your experiences will help!!
:)

#2 ·
:) Hi, The SuperBike Rotors look like the Wave Rotors and are made of the same material but they are thinner to save weight, that is why they are not recommended for street. When you are ready you will want the Wave Rotors for your bike,

I would expect that with the thinner material you are more suseptable to warping if used on the street for daily use, You would also want to be even more careful on tire changes to not bend the rotors during the process,

The Galfer 1370 HH Sintered Pads are designed for use with the Wave Rotors, and SS Brake Lines work really well with them to completely finish the package,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

#3 ·
I think they should be fine. In general the rotors will not make much difference I don't know why cyro treatment would make any difference. The aggressive design of the wave rotors may wear the brake pads faster but should also give a little more bite. You'll want to make sure you don't use racing pad compounds on the street however. They require higher temps to work right.

#4 ·
I see...
Another issue is that for the Haybusa wheel I will install for the GSXR fork conversion the parts number is DF320 (DF stands for Floating disc) but in Europe it is DC320W(DC: Disc with Carriers W for wave of course).
I wonder why they do it in Europe,since the floating discs are more resistant to heat warping...

[spam mode]Blair...any GSXR 600/750 model 2004-2005 in good condition?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: [/spam mode]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.