Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to do some spring cleaning on my 650. Got to rebuild the carbs, flush the coolant, deep clean the chain, grease it up/torque it down, etc etc.

While I was shorting though my "pile 'o stuff" I found a old bottle of Redline Water Wetter and I plan I using it in the 650.

Do any of yous do a summer coolant mix with a Water Wetter type additive? What percentages (coolant/H2O) are you guys running for hot weather? I'm thinking 20/80 mix with the entire bottle of Water wetter added on top. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Pour in a bottle of water wetter, and fill the rest of the way with a hose.

Antifreeze is useless if it's not freezing, seems to make my bike run a little hotter.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the 20% coolant I'm proposing is for the "just in case we get a cold day."

I aint using no hose for this little radiator. I'm putting distilled water in this one. My Xterra, on the other hand, I'd fill with a hose.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
^^ stright water does run cooler but coolant has anti-corrosive properties and raises the boiling point.

·
Registered
100 Posts
depends on your usage if you use it to commute i wouldn't use just water. to much of a chance for boilover. also how "old" is that bottle? i wouldn't use it if its been sitting for a year.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
depends on your usage if you use it to commute i wouldn't use just water. to much of a chance for boilover. also how "old" is that bottle? i wouldn't use it if its been sitting for a year.
really? why? That bottle is waaaayyyy over 1 years old. More like 4 or 5 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts