Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so back on memorial day weekend I had a the misfortune of lowsiding thanks to lean angle and some damp road paint. Thanks to the motosliders from svracing I had very little damage (some paint, a tiny crack and a clutch pedal) all in all not bad for loosing it at about 25-30mph.

I ordered up a new left slider from Blair and was getting ready to remove the old one (and repaint my fairing) but the crash kind of mushed the slider and it is out of round. I cant get a ratchet into the hole now to get at the bolt.

Anyone encountered this or have any suggestions? I was going to grind out the hole but my dremel ate it (another one is on the way). but if there is a better way to do this I would love to hear it. Kind of surprised I didn't find anything in searching the forums, either I am a first (unlikely) or I am being an idiot and everyone else figured this out without asking (more likely).

Thanks in advance if anyone has any other suggestions.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
If you have a hacksaw, you could chop the end off to gain access to the bolt. I haven't had the need to do this (yet), but think it would work. Good luck.:)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
If you have a hacksaw, you could chop the end off to gain access to the bolt. I haven't had the need to do this (yet), but think it would work. Good luck.:)
agreed!

mine also melted down but wasn't bad enough that I had to do this, i just beat the socket in with a mallet :lmao:

·
Registered
496 Posts
I used a sawzall to just cut the end off the slider so I could get at the bolt.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See I was right... I was being stupid lol. The hack saw sounds great. I was considering pounding in the socket but I think it is so out of round that may not happen. Thanks all!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used a large flat blade screwdriver to peel back the part that was mushed in, enough to be able to slide the socket in.

Hacksaw would work too I guess. I just like doing less work.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may try the screwdriver again, I think the whole thing is miss shaped now so not sure if I can generate enough force to do that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all ended up getting to it with a combo of screwdriver and mallet. Of course after I dug the hacksaw out from my still unpacked tools from my move lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts