87 Posts
Pit Bull is the business!

·
Banned
363 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Cheaper stands do the job fine if you don't feel like paying for Pitbull. I have Redline.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Pitbull is the cadillac of stands,

If you want cheap and effective, go on Ebay and do a search on Thrustmaster.
59 bucks for just the rear and 114 for front and rear, while my friends Pitbull is really nice, I got a set of front and rear stands under the price of one pitbull.

If you decide to order the front ones also, make sure you tell him that you have a SV650 and the front forks are unequal in length due to the pinch bolt. He will modify it so it works. Gary is really trying hard to get this going and worked with my issues with the front stand. I am satisfied with his fix and recommend him unreservedly.

Don't forget a full set of Nate's Motosliders !!!! Front and Rear!!! (Paid themselves off the first month I had them!)

You will need the swingarm spools for a solid hookup to a stand.
The platform type hookups where it rests under the swingarm is not too stable.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am also going to recommend pit-bull. I had a hard time paying the price at first, but I don't regret it one bit. It's extremely well built and gets the job done. It's nice to look at too. I almost bought the Suzuki one, but it looked cheesy.

I also read a thread not too long ago where someone had a pit-bull with a manufacturers defect. Their bike fell over and pit-bull replaced the stand and paid for the damages 100% with no problems. Can't really argue with that

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Currently said:
Pitbull is the cadillac of stands,
Cadillac of stands?? oh please.

Pit Bull is the BMW M series of stands. :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
My Thruster does the same job just as easily but extra $$$ could buy you gixer shock ;D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see a bunch of pitbull models on kneedraggers.com, whats the correct version for the sv650s rear?
Thanks for all the comments and recommendations.

·
Registered
113 Posts
NewToMoto said:
I see a bunch of pitbull models on kneedraggers.com, whats the correct version for the sv650s rear?
Thanks for all the comments and recommendations.
There is no correct "version" buy one with adj. spools and insert spools on your bike.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
i got a pitbull but the woodcraft ones are nice too, i got the SS rear, it allows either spools or just pads for the swingarm, the one armed one is nice too

·
Registered
241 Posts
I went with the vortex rear and front stands. Still very high quality...and quite rigid with the bike on the stands. I saved a little bit over the pit-bull stands too.

J

·
0 Posts
thruster...thrustmaster....uh, ebay doesn't turn up squat for either as far as i can tell???

·
Registered
15 Posts
NewToMoto said:
I need to buy a rearstand for my 650s, could someone suggest/recommend one?
Thanks
I've got the4 SteelHorse which appears to be just as nice as the Pit bull.....any other steel horse owners out there?

·
Registered
398 Posts
They arent always up on ebay. Check the product review section, there was a huge thread on thruster stands and the email of the guy who makes them I think.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts