Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
I have a contour roam. I wanna explore some new mounting angles other than the helmet one. I was wondering if any of you use one of those suction cup mounts for your go pro, contour or any other POV camera, and if they are good enough for 140+mph speeds.

thanks

·
Registered
478 Posts
A lot of places require tethers or some other rigid mounting for good reason. It's probably not going anywhere with the suction, but it's a risk to yourself and others that is easily avoidable.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
I suction cup right above the the headlight and saftey wired it to the rear view mirror. Granted, you will likely have your mirrors off, but you should still be able to go to the block off plate or a bolt you put back in it's place. Solid over 100.

This obviously wasn't at a track day, but it did provide a pretty cool view.

Another note: After filming an entire ARC worth of riding. The best video I got was mounted (with suctioncup) to a more advanced rider following me (him staying on the correct line). Certainly worth asking someone else to carry the camera in situations other than racings.

·
Registered
55 Posts
make sure you tether it! just ran one over the other day during a track day because someone lost it. ive used one on the track before and it works fine a smooth CLEAN surface.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts