Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to rebuild my baby.   The shop told me it would cost $9000 parts and labor to bring her back to life.  I got on eBay and have pretty much most of what I need for $300.  My question is about the subframe.  I need a new one, my bike is an '04, and the only one that I have found so far is an '03.  I know they lowered the subframe on the '04 so does this mean the '03 won't fit.  And if it does will it be a drastic change?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm looking for the same part for and 05. Someone mentioned in the tech section that the 03 subframe will not fit the 04 or 05. Mine is bent from a lowside, I'm going to try to bend it back during the winter. She rides fine for now. Good luck finding the subframe, its a hard to find item on ebay, I've only seen one in the past month for and 04.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
is you 9000 estimate correct?  if so, tell the shop to screw themselves.  You can get any bike new or slightly used for that price.

edit: it is almost as ridiculous as insurance companies asking you to pay nearly what your bike is worth in one year's insurance payments.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
How bad is your subframe?
If you can get it off the bike, take it to a local welder and see if he can repair it.

The 03 subframes are taller and are steel. I don't know what would be involved to make it fit your bike but if the rear body work, seats, inner fender and frame are the same part numbers it couldn't be *that* hard ;)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
the subframe is a tough item because racers cut them rather than replace them with racing subframes. like other's said, i bet you can bend it back into shape. i have an acetylene torch and that's what i would do-- you can probably find someone with a torch who'll do it for you.

how much is a new subframe from the dealer. is that one part a lot? maybe it is.

·
Registered
153 Posts
ridesideways said:
how much is a new subframe from the dealer. is that one part a lot? maybe it is.
Part Number: 41200-16G00
$314.77 @ ron ayers

J

·
0 Posts
The 03 subframe will fit your 04. However unless you switch to an 03 tail section it will look like crap. Also the front seat will need to be replaced with an 03. You will also have to do something with your exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts