Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am slowly gathering everything I need for a track build, and I wanted to get rid of the OEM subframe on my 2nd gen ('06) and make one in aluminum.

I currently work in a place where I could use the welding machines to make it, but later on I'm going to go somewhere else and want to take advantage of the machines now.

Does anybody have a diagram with measurements of the 2nd gen subframe? Hole sizes, angles etc? it would save me a whole lot of time, since I would have to take apart the tail section and do all the measurements myself.

Or maybe somebody made one on their own and could pass it to me?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hello!

I am slowly gathering everything I need for a track build, and I wanted to get rid of the OEM subframe on my 2nd gen ('06) and make one in aluminum.

I currently work in a place where I could use the welding machines to make it, but later on I'm going to go somewhere else and want to take advantage of the machines now.

Does anybody have a diagram with measurements of the 2nd gen subframe? Hole sizes, angles etc? it would save me a whole lot of time, since I would have to take apart the tail section and do all the measurements myself.

Or maybe somebody made one on their own and could pass it to me?

Buy a cheap one off EBay. Also, keep in mine that the 2003 is taller (more aggressive seating position) than later years, but it has a unique seat and cover panels as a result

What I would love to see (and may make some time) would be an 03 geometry that uses easier to find 04+ seats

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah but it has a bunch of uneeded parts. I will install an aftermarket tail section, and it won't have uneeded brackets etc.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
cut everything un-needed off. just keep whatever mounting tabs there are for the tail.

saves money...should take less than a day...no worries of messing any measurments up and stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah but I can get scraps of aluminum and discounts through my work, and virtually make one for almost nothing, while I can sell the old one... I need to cover expenses for the rest of the stuff :p

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Better off buying one from a company that's been building them for years than your own. Not saying yours will be weak but imagine falling off at 100mph because of one possible weak point. BRG racing is one company, I know there are at least one or 2 more.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We build Heavy duty truck parts, I'm confident this piece will be very sturdy :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts