Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well,it finally happend.bad luck caught up with me.i guess i needed it.i've learned my lesson,so dont flame me too bad guys.i decided to go for a ride around the block monday night,it was pretty hot/humid,i was in my work clothes,didnt feel like wearing my jacket.one of the only times i DONT wear my jacket i go down.came up over a hill about 50-55,front tire came up,then went squirrely on my,i fell off ,slid down the hill on my stomache,somehow managed to roll over and slide th rest of my way on my belt/pants/wallet.i did have gloves on,as the pics show,they didnt hold up so well.icon tarmacs,dont buy them!so,i was stupid,i wasnt wearing my jacket,stomache got rashed and so did my arm elbow.the worst of it is on my hands and my left knee.could have/should have been alot worse.But I'm pretty sure God wanted me to make it out of this one relatively OK.A neghbor came running over(after i picked the bike up and set it on the kickstand,how?i dont know,that thing is heavy!)..then he took my home.I was pretty pissed,threw my helmet and stuff,so the parents knew it wasnt too bad.oh well.hope i dont get TOO flamed for the lack of gear.i know my mistakes.im buying lether gloves and maybe a mesh jacket.I was impressed with my work boots though,they held up quite well,no pain or anything in my ankles/feet.so,no major damage to the bike or myself,than God.my dad actually rode it home,that must have been fun!sorry for the typos,im using 3 fingers..haha.check the pics:
glove:

shifter/peg:

bars/lever/mirror:

barend:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, at least you're alive to learn from your mistake... Heal up, chalk it to experience and get back on the horse.

;D

·
Registered
142 Posts
TG you're alright! Pretty good typing for 3 fingers! I know people using 10 that aren't that good! Hope you heal up soon, looks like some easy repairs. Just take it easy over that hill next time.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Sorry about your get off. I hope you heal quickly and get her back on the road soon.

btw, I got a set of bars if you need them. ;)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Some people know right away that they need to wear all their gear, and some people need to crash first. I'm glad you came out of it well enough to learn the lesson without losing your life! :)

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Like Weezer, I've got a set of stock bars as well, and I have mirrors and bar-ends, too. Glad you're not too banged up. At least your gloves did something, just think if you didn't have them on.... :eek:

Heal quick!

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
orangegilly said:
Like Weezer, I've got a set of stock bars as well, and I have mirrors and bar-ends, too. Glad you're not too banged up. At least your gloves did something, just think if you didn't have them on.... :eek:

Heal quick!
i think i'm going to go with the coerce street fighter bars,something a little differant than stock.what do you wnat for the mirrors/bar-ends?are they stock?If i didnt have gloves on my hands would be a lot worse.thanks!

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
leather gloves are the bomb diggity

·
Registered
397 Posts
Glad your okay man...and yeah your definetly gonna want better gloves...I use the alpine star ones with the carbon fiber knuckles and reinforced leather palm area...it got me through a 50mph highway fall without a scratch...I'm suprised your bike didn't get totaled, you basically jumped a hill at 50mph or so...well gl healing and repairing ;D

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
fixer said:
Hey, at least you're alive to learn from your mistake... Heal up, chalk it to experience  and get back on the horse.

;D
+1 absolutely. The best mistakes are the ones you can walk away from and learn from.

Bikes can be fixed and replaced, you cannot!

Glad you're okay!

·
Registered
359 Posts
We will save the flaming on gear for a later time... We have a while to dangle that in your face when you feel batter! ;D
Whats the deal with the tank?

·
Registered
46 Posts
wow. not getting those gloves! glad your alright. at least you learned your lesson in an unfatal way.

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
Sorry to hear about your get-off.

So, how did that work? The front wheel comes up as you crest the hill (I do this a lot around here), and did you not expect it and not have the bike balanced, and it went crooked or what?

Those gloves sure didnt help much did they. Thats pretty pathetic the way they shredded. :eek:

·
Registered
500 Posts
I am trying to fugure out how this wreck happened thought. I know this dude has like 3 good fingers so does anyone else less injured have a idea how this happend. I mean we might as well all try to learn a little something about each crash so as not to repeat it. Good luck healing up and it could have been alot worse plus as someone else said now you can mod it up.....I would start with a suburnban machinery bar.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
aceluck said:
Glad you're okay.
Might I recommend a nice set of Motosliders? ;)
yes,i know.i've been thinking about which ones to get.I've heard good things about Nate's sliders,but they seem to be the most expensive,plus i'm extremely tight on cash right now.But thats the first thing im buying before i take it back out again.

avc8130 said:
...time to mod that puppy!
oh i've been plannning on it,I wanted differant bars,signals and mirrors anyways... ::)

Jared McDonley said:
We will save the flaming on gear for a later time... We have a while to dangle that in your face when you feel batter! ;D
Whats the deal with the tank?
im surprised i havent got too flamed yet!i know it was stupid to not wear my jacket,trust me,i've learned my lesson...as far as the tank goes,that came out un-toutched,Luckily i didnt have my new tank put on yet,one i paid 250 bucks for.The tank on there now was the replacment i bought because the original tank was destroyed in a highside crash.But the handlebars took all the beating.
DrummerDaveB said:
Sorry to hear about your get-off.
So, how did that work? The front wheel comes up as you crest the hill (I do this a lot around here), and did you not expect it and not have the bike balanced, and it went crooked or what?
Those gloves sure didnt help much did they. Thats pretty pathetic the way they shredded. :eek:
yeah,i do(did) that alot too,im not exactly sure what happened.I didnt even pull hard on the bars,so its not like i twisted it in the air or anything.It must have been not balanced,thats all i can think of.Or,the front tire came down on a stone or some slick tar in the road.That possible?I was in the ER with my mom,and all i kept saying was "i can't believe my gloves didn't hold up"..i'm still pissed about that.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and advice and stuff.I'll be back soon,once my hands are healed i can start working,then buy the parts I need!

keep the rubber down!

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it happend pretty fast so I cant explain exactly how it happend.All i can think is that my front tir e either came down on something,or the bike just wasn't balanced on the way down?Im not sure.And as far as the SM bars go,i've wanted them since the day i found the,but they're so expensive!I've got plenty of mods in mind,just need the cash.Highschoolers don't make a ton of money ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts