Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so the po desided that he wanted to destroy any hope of me putting any other type of lights, signals and gauges by jerry rigging the gauge wiring, headlight, turnsignals and soem other stuff to the wiring harness. Idk which way is up looking at this thing. I want to put the stock gauges and naked round head light on here. Am I screwed? Or should I just buy a new (used) wiring harness and go from scratch. There are plugs stickign out that have nothing attached to them all over the place. Opinions?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
If you get a wiring diagram you can sort everything out, depends a little how savvy and willing you are to do that.

If you have plugs everywhere, that`s a good sign because a lot of people just them off.

Changing a harness is also quite a bit of work, I might have one if you want to go that route but I would first sort out what you got and what is missing.

Just in case here is a wiring diagram.

Here it is

From this thread http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159300

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
Find a wiring diagram and gets to making it right. It will take some time but you should be able to get it all back together again. Another option, if the wiring is completely hacked to death, is to buy a stock replacement wiring harness from eBay or a member here and swap out old for "new".

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys... I'm taking it in soon to have some stuff done and I'll have them look at it and see if it's salvageable lol I just want gauges and a light is that too much to ask!?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPod touch app

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I'm going to take some pics of what plugs are on the bike now... We could make this a game lol

Sent from my Motorcycle iPod touch app

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
horn connection on the left side and stock gauge cluster connection on the right. Just get a gauge cluster and hook it up :thumbsup: if all of the wires going into the plug are still intact

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
The first pic shows the stock 16 pin connector for the 1gen S gauges. Naked gauges use two connectors. I guess your bike was a S model originally. If you're not going to use S gauges and want to use oem N gauges, you will have to either find a N gauge sub harness to match up to the N gauge connectors, or rewire all the connections. Look at the link I provided to see the differences in plug connections.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys this is a lot of help! So basically I will just have to splice the N gauges wiring into the S wiring harness correct? I'm not great with electrical stuff but im handy so ill try my hand at it.... ill post tonight it it works out lol
One last question Rman.... how do you tell on the Naked gauge pinout what side is left and right on the left plug?? it is symetrical
And one more.... does anyone have the diagram for putting on the speedo sensor on the front tire?

Edit: duh the colors lol never mind

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well everything worked out great! 6 hours later and everything is hooked up... only one problem and that is when you hit the right blinker the tach jumps around and the blinkers dont work I found a loose wire in the blinker. Anyway added two running lights in place of my current crap light that was really dull. Its workin great as well!
Found out something cool, I didnt put on the speedo sensor casue it was late but I wanted to go for a ride so I pulled out of my driveway and what do you know the speedo is workin!! Aparently the po didnt take off the speedo sensor so thats pretty cool. Ill post pics tomorrow

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And yes that is duct tape over the air box... did I mention the PO was an idiot, the shop i brought it too said that it ws actually dialed in and i hsouldnt remove it lol

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
The airbox hole might have been desnorkled, hole enlarged, and then the PO added the duct tape to decrease the amount of air entering to fine tune the carbs. Sometimes desnorkling the airbox lets too much air to enter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts