Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was re-arranging the bikes in the garage and didn't make sure the kickstand was all the way down, laid the bike over on it's left side. Scratched up the lower fairing and bent the mounting hardware. Of course, you can't buy the lower in peices or just the mounting hardware, so what I'm looking for is somebody who has done the same thing on the right side and either:

A: bought the replacement stuff and has the left side lower and hardware just sitting around taking up space.

Or

B: wants to go halves on the stuff ($371.99 from Oneida).

My bike is a yellow '05, yours will need to be the same for the color to match. Leave a note here or just PM me if you're interested.

I'm off to drown my stupidity in a pint of newcastle. Cheers.

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sympathy? Critisism? Ridicule? Anything? Anybody?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
i picked up some rashed lowers and was looking for the same thing. but i would the right side too. so i can't help you.

good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did something similar the other day. I move my bike from the garage to the walkway in front of my house, and when I went to put it on its sidestand, I missed the walkway and the sidestand went into the lawn, along with me and my SV. Luckily no damage other than feeling foolish.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
yummmm....newcastle...

sorry about the mishap! :(

·
Registered
326 Posts
I kick my sidestand to make sure it is fully down everytime I touch my bike.

That stupid thing does not go near far enough over center.

Sorry about the misfortune man.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Mr. Black said:
I kick my sidestand to make sure it is fully down everytime I touch my bike.

That stupid thing does not go near far enough over center.

Sorry about the misfortune man.
+1

·
Registered
326 Posts
I am thursty, gonna grab a Molson myself. Anyone else want anything while I am up. :p

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
i want a newcastle!!! 8)

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stranger, I just talked to Oneida, I figured it wouldn't hurt to give them a call, they said they are getting some of that particular bracket next week from suzuki, told me to give them a call monday.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Liutas said:
Stranger, I just talked to Oneida, I figured it wouldn't hurt to give them a call, they said they are getting some of that particular bracket next week from suzuki, told me to give them a call monday.
that's sweet. did you get a price on it? please keep me updated when you talk to them again.

i'm going to try and mount it without, as evil did. but i might have to buy a new bracket and washer

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't get a price, I'll let you know when I do. Right now I just took a wrench, put a bolt through it into the bracket and pulled it back out as much as I could to where it's supposed to be and mounted everything back up. It looks ok, but won't hold up if it goes down on that side again.

K

·
0 Posts
I'll give Onedia a call regarding this... I low-sided on the track (yeah Right side).
I'll see if I can get some more info on time and priceing.

T

·
0 Posts
Mr. Black said:
I am thursty, gonna grab a Molson myself. Anyone else want anything while I am up. :p
I'll take a Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss if you got it. :D

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, so I just got off the phone with Oneida, they got the parts in, they said they only have the left side right now, fine, that's the one I need, they asked if I bought the fairings from them, yes, they said they would send it out today and I would only have to pay shipping. They didn't explain why and I didn't ask, why argue with a good thing?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts