Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm stuck in the house and bored, I was looking at GSXR fork sets for sale on eBay. What I noticed was all the sets up for auction don't include the upper triple. Why? And is it an issue if I got a wild hair and bid on one for my 04 nekked?

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I'm guessing you're looking at the sets that are sold by the same seller, and theres about a dozen or so sets, with buy it now for 350-450$. Right? If so, I wouldnt buy those. Alot of them have nicks and dings, and for 450$ you can find a better deal.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, most were from that guy, but there were others out there that also included only the lower. I'm not actually looking to buy, but I am now curious as to why the upper wasn't included.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
MagpieTear said:
yeah, most were from that guy, but there were others out there that also included only the lower. I'm not actually looking to buy, but I am now curious as to why the upper wasn't included.
Might be a shop that swaps in aftermarket forks and for whatever reason the top triple isn't compatiable. Or they sell things in "packages". Check user's other items, see if he/she is selling top triples with clip-ons or something like that. Then again, there is always the option of...hey, people need the top triple clamp, lets sell it seperately to make more money. Yeah thats probably it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts