Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've done a stupid thing and stripped a side panel bolt on my 2005 S. It's the little plastic panel that is mounted just below the seat, so with this stripped I can't do basic maintenance on my bike!

I tried drilling the bolt and using an easy-out. Amazingly, this did not work - the bolt is IN there.. and now along with the tip of an easy-out. I'm contemplating cutting the whole damn side panel off and taking a set of vice grips to the bolt to remove it once it's exposed and then purchasing a new panel or set of panels if I have to.

Before I go ahead with cutting and destroying crap, does anyone have another suggestion? Also, does anyone know the price of and/or have a set of black panels for a 2005 SV650S?

Thanks for your help, folks.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys. All good ideas.. Eenie meenie miny mo... I'll probably try turning int into a flatheaded screwdriver compatible bolt first. If that fails, I'll switch to just drilling the bolt head off. I also thought of drilling the whole bolt out to re-tap it. That's my likely my last resort.. :p

If all that fails, I've seen some side panels on ebay for $50/pair, which isn't too unreasonable... but the regular OEM price is a bit too rich for my blood.

Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.