Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 SV1000s, and the previous owner stripped the drain plug and used one of those temporary oil plugs with a wing nut, when I changed the oil, the plug was ripped so I couldn't reuse it, instead I tried using an OEM Tools Insert from autozone, anyways when Inserting it in I used high strength locktite, and I I put the oil plug back in. Anyways long story short I was leaking oil, tried to tighten the plug, which was silly but learning as I go, and when I went to go loosen the drain plug what happened was the OEM Insert broke about half in there and the plug came out. What is the best route to go now?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try using a magnetic screwdriver and just twisting the bolt trust me it might just work for you. I have 1999 sv650 the previous owner sold it to me with the oil drain plug broken in half so the top of the screw was stuck inside the top of the drain. I thought i was going to have to drill it out, turns out that it was easy to twist by just using magnetic drill bit/screwdriver and bit of pressure just turning it the screw followed it and came out at the bottom the threads were messed up so it took a bit of work but try and see if it works for you too. Best of luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try using a magnetic screwdriver and just twisting the bolt trust me it might just work for you. I have 1999 sv650 the previous owner sold it to me with the oil drain plug broken in half so the top of the screw was stuck inside the top of the drain. I thought i was going to have to drill it out, turns out that it was easy to twist by just using magnetic drill bit/screwdriver and bit of pressure just turning it the screw followed it and came out at the bottom the threads were messed up so it took a bit of work but try and see if it works for you too. Best of luck!
The Plug isn't broken inside, I have an Insert, I can't put any pressure on it easily and it also is locktited

1 - 3 of 3 Posts