Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just a project bike. No one i know or that they know has one close to me.
If i can get my hands on a cheap gixxer 1000 ill go all show with the SV

·
Registered
745 Posts
Ok, that's cool. I enjoy twisty riding too much to do that, but I still wanna see pictures when you get it out of the shop. ;)

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
if its what he wants to do to HIS bike let him.just beacause we like the SV for its handling and what not dosn't give us the right to bust on him for slammin' and stretchin' it out.i think it'll look nice when finished,plus you get the show look withe the stretched swingarm,lowering it,but you get the SV sound.i personally woulden't do it to mine,but if he wants to let him be.

..edit..
sorry for the typos and bad grammar,im on all sorts of meds from my crash ::)

·
Registered
745 Posts
I wasn't bustin on him. I was actually curious and wanted to know why. He answered me and now I'm happy. ;D

I do still wanna see the pictures when he's done. ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
randomSV650 said:
if its what he wants to do to HIS bike let him.just beacause we like the SV for its handling and what not dosn't give us the right to bust on him for slammin' and stretchin' it out.i think it'll look nice when finished,plus you get the show look withe the stretched swingarm,lowering it,but you get the SV sound.i personally woulden't do it to mine,but if he wants to let him be.

..edit..
sorry for the typos and bad grammar,im on all sorts of meds from my crash ::)
Some of you guys are so damn sensitive... Lay off the meds and go back and read what this post is in the first place:
"Just curious about peoples thoughts on stretching an SV."

If you want to try something that you have NEVER seen anyone else do before there are two possibilities:
1) You are a creative genious, able to see things that no one else can.
2) You are thinking about doing something stupid enough that no one else bothers.

Which one is it in this case?

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
bmxr said:
Some of you guys are so damn sensitive... Lay off the meds and go back and read what this post is in the first place:
"Just curious about peoples thoughts on stretching an SV."

If you want to try something that you have NEVER seen anyone else do before there are two possibilities:
1) You are a creative genious, able to see things that no one else can.
2) You are thinking about doing something stupid enough that no one else bothers.

Which one is it in this case?
im not being sensitive,just get annoyed when people rag on someone for doing something to their bike that you personally wouldent do.

get over it ::)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Well this SVS isn't streched but it is slammed and has a wicked ghetto high mount mid pipe for the yosh and got to love header heat wrap tape too!!!! It was at the same bike show as the ZX on pg1. I swear I must have posted this on here back in Feb when the show was.....

·
Registered
920 Posts
....don't think I'd stretch an SV, but I'd cut up somethin' else. Check out this 80's Yamaha.....available in classified ads anywhere for $750-$1000. The builder yanked it apart and built a new chassis for it. Lots of work to be sure, but the result is going to be a very nice, (and unique!), custom. It'll be a low-buck version of a Confederate Hellcat.

I just found the picture on the 'net while looking for something else. Don't know who's building it, but I'd love to see the bike when it's done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have Stretched mine and here is a pic of it in the process

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
That's akin to puttin a lowering kit on a dump truck.

To each his own i guess.............

·
Registered
233 Posts
WOW did someone call 2005 as thats when this post started. If the guy gets a stiffy while waisting money to stretch an SV and he feels go about it I say do it. No one has to ride that bike but him and it is killin the resale value of the bike.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like it! Something different to see at your local bike cruise night instead of the same 'o stretched gixxers, busas, and ninjas! Good job dude.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I like it! Something different to see at your local bike cruise night instead of the same 'o stretched gixxers, busas, and ninjas! Good job dude.
Except for the fact that it is almost pointless, even on a 1k. If you're a highway master on a supersport and like to race in parking lots, sure, extend that GSXR swingarm all the way out and I'll laugh when you can't negotiate the interstate cloverleaf...

And this is a horrible, horrible thread necro.

·
Registered
74 Posts
dont think this guy would have any trouble getting around the interstate ramps. looks a ton of fun! makes gary mccoy look like hes on a vespa

21 - 40 of 64 Posts