1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
855 Posts
Lol the police website has them offering to injure the riders next time. I love it. Shows you how much police really are in it for the power.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
http://www.policeone.com/traffic-patrol/articles/5991258-Video-Police-roadblock-scatters-stunt-motorcycle-riders/

I picked-up the link from here: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/business/170981951.html

I guess I didn't see them doing anything wrong, what was the purpose for the roadblock? Although that one cops on the ramp looked like he was actually trying to ram that one bike.

It shows 2 different intentional collisions at the end in slow motion.
I was laughing, enjoying it until that part.
In the comments they are laughing about how no cop is going to take their complaint. Just give em a ticket instead.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
not all of us are.
Of course not all. I now many current and retired LEO's that are actually pretty cool guys/gals.

On the other side of that statement, there are alot of LEO's that ruin it for the good guys.

Looking at the comments my LEO's in that link, you can see what ruins the reputation of LEO's for the general public

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Of course not all. I now many current and retired LEO's that are actually pretty cool guys/gals.

On the other side of that statement, there are alot of LEO's that ruin it for the good guys.

Looking at the comments my LEO's in that link, you can see what ruins the reputation of LEO's for the general public
This is the situation with many other occupations, social groups and backgrounds.

One thing though, everyone of the other groups will chastise, put down and try to make a point to separate themselves from the bad apples that make their group look bad.

For example, this site vs squids.

I've never heard a cop speak with such disgust against their own. I've watched some press conferences where they find whole stations with dirty cops. Everything is said in a way like it's not a huge deal. No hostility, no disgust. Even though I disagree with the situation, cops do have a unity that many groups lack.

Try to say something against a group of cops about a dirty cop, you wont go to far. Say the same thing about a group of motorcyclist.. you'll have the touring bikes against the goldwings, track riders against squids, harley rubs against patches etc...

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
When I had my motorcycle accident, the first people on the scene were Sheriff's Deputies and motorcycle officers. They were all very cordial and concerned about my well being. This all countered my previous belief that Sheriff's Deputies and motorcycle cops were pricks.

I've also encountered officers who were less than pleasant in places you would least expect.

Similarly, working retail, I encounter pleasant individuals and complete *******s on a daily basis.

The belief that All Cops Are *******s (ACAB) or All Cops Are Pigs (ACAP) is short sighted and wrong.

·
Banned
855 Posts
not all of us are.
Didn't say all, said how much. Could mean a measurable percentage, an extreme minority, or a common majority. You decided to add "all cops are pigs" to the equation.

:ears:

Here is the fun part, when you see a cop, do you instantly feel relaxed, or do you tense up? That should tell you all you need to know about populist opinion on them.

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Didn't say all, said how much. Could mean a measurable percentage, an extreme minority, or a common majority. You decided to add "all cops are pigs" to the equation.

:ears:

Here is the fun part, when you see a cop, do you instantly feel relaxed, or do you tense up? That should tell you all you need to know about populist opinion on them.
And we all know that populist opinion is the best way to live your life.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Dick cops but I wouldn't associate with those riders either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts