Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are the pics of the swingarm mods enjoy

there is still alittle welding to be done but all the machine work is done finally

·
Registered
113 Posts
To be honest I am totally clueless what you are trying to achieve. It would of helped if you gave some info about the mod in pics.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess you didnt see the other post, but it is a vfr swingarm that is being put on a sv 650. what you are looking at is the machine work that has been done to make it where the shock and exhaust passes thru the swingarm off of a vfr just as it would on a stock sv. the bearing in the dogbone linkage is the stock bearing from the sv swing arm and the geometry is the same as the stock sv swing arm. so the handling is not effected to bad. now i realize that the swing arm is a tad bit longer and the 180 tire is a bit heavier so it will be offset with a better shock

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
can you please let us know specifically what modifications need to be made to the swing arm to make it fit? I see the new linkage mount... what else?
I got a MIG welder for last Christmas and wouldn't mind making one up myself ;D

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i tried to find a stock pic of the vfr swingarm for you so you could see the diff but i had no luck there is quite a bit of room that has to be made to make it all work properly though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts