Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently wrecked my 2003 sv650s doing a high-chair...well, now that I'm ready to fix the bike, I'm wanting to go with the streetfighter look. does anyone know where I can buy aftermarket instrument clusters that I can use in place of the stock cluster? I want to remove the fairing-bracket/stay and I also need a good idea on who makes brackets for dual round headlights. thanks for the help

·
Registered
745 Posts
Get a Veypor. That'll work.
Be more careful next time you are sitting on your fairing while walking a wheelie for onlookers in heavy traffic while your buddies are sitting on their tanks and riding backwards. ;D

·
Registered
745 Posts
Nate's bike is the SHIZ-NIGHT! I wish I would have bought it when he offered. ;D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first of all, i wasn't in traffic when I wrecked, I was with some of my buddies that ride inlines and they asked me to film them while the were practicing stunts. I was dared to try a high-chair and those famous last words were "Hey guys! watch this!" haha, anyways, I went by the local suzuki dealer and I can't use the sv-n model's cluster because they both use different upper triple-clamps and it wouldn't bolt up. I could try buying the bracket alone and just trying to figure out a way to bolt it up but believe it or not I went by a chopper shop and asked if he might could fabricate a bracket for the instrument cluster. he actually agreed. Is that a veypor that Yellow Nudist used when he went naked with his bike?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I was just playing around. People around here get way too bent out of shape about stunting. I am more of a "to each his own" kinda person. I just figured I would pick a little since you told us what you were doing when you busted your ride up. Hey, at least you were honest. ;D

...and yes, Nate used the Veypor system when he did his conversion. If you decide to do it, get the heads up display and tell us how it works. ;)

D

·
0 Posts
deffinatley to each his own on that one, that whole street fighter look to me anyway just looks repulsive, kind of like one could only aford half the bike, I know its not the case it can actually get pretty pricey going for that look........but looks "cheap" and "junky". But I guess thats "the thing" these days.

D

·
0 Posts
WeezerKDI said:
You think my bike looks cheap and junky?

That's funny.
I typically wouldnt give an opinion on somebody's bike directly because most wouldn't take it as my opinion they'd take it personal but after clicking your link in your sig, no- actually what you did with the head lights really made it look sharp and it looks clean not like most of them that look like they were just drug out from under a 56' chevy in a junk yard; I'm taking about the ones that apear to be even more "raw" than that that, kind of like a couple pics you have on that link below your spyder/bike pic especially the one pic with the bike that has a stainless tank I'm assuming.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I wasn't offended. I really just thought it was funny that you said cheap. ;D Streetfighter parts cost an arm and a leg when you get them from across the pond.

That guy with the polished tank was at the Rally. That bike is a work in progress. Probably the most original I have ever seen. He had a gas cap from a FreightLiner diesel on that thing. He aslo has a custom exhaust. It looks like a dual, but one of the cans is a fake that doubles as a trunk.

As far as fighters go, you gotta realize what they are. They started out as guys who busted up their platics and had no money to replace them. So, I guess they are kinda supposed to look cheap and junky. ;D

It's just now, it's become more of a style thing. They figured out that with a little work, you could make a bike look pretty good without all that plastic. If you want to see just how far down the rabbit hole some are willing to go, go here. http://www.streetfighters.nl

And it really is like you said. To each their own. There is alot of stuff that I like that others don't. I made my bike for me. It's kinda like my work of art. I love when people ask me what it is because they have never seen anything like it. That makes me feel like I did something right. ;D

D

·
0 Posts
Oh yeah deffinatley, I'm a bit new to the bike game but prior to this I was pretty involved in cars and its the same thing there most people put they're own imagination to work and when the final product comes, it is what it is- but its YOURS and doesn't look like 4 or 5 others at the same meet/track/show. Thats what makes it interesting, hell if we all like the same sh*t and did the same sh*t life would be pretty dull to say the least from a hobby stand point. Thanks for the link I'm going to check into it to learn a little bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts