Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who would win? all around i mean... i was riding next to one on the way home from work today. its a nice looking bike. and i came to wondering who would win...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow...no one knows?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Depends what you are doing with them. I don't know much about the street rod, but in a straight line, we would probably get our asses handed to us. Tight road course, on the other hand... come on 8)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
danthony12321 said:
Depends what you are doing with them. I don't know much about the street rod, but in a straight line, we would probably get our asses handed to us. Tight road course, on the other hand... come on 8)
i am in agreement with u, except the tight road...i think the street rod would put up a good fight...

·
Registered
453 Posts
What type of street rod you talkin exactly, there is alot of variance there. Its the power to weight ratio that will make a bike stomp almost any 4 wheeled vehicle on the street. I saw in a motorcycle magazine or somethin of that nature where a zx6 took on a Vette, and a zx10 took on a Skyline, in both cases the bikes I believe won, well on a quater mile, I didnt really read the whole article cause I was suppost to be working. That skyline had 599 horse, and the zx6 would have easily stomped it by over a second.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You left this pretty open...so I'll have to say Street Rod. Comfortable. Good power. I rode the v-rod and was very pleased. Seemed to handle well, but no way near as well as the SV. Then you have the power to weight ratio. No comparison again. Wheelbase??? Again, no comparison. All around bike, I hate to say, but I think the Street Rod would be ahead until you start looking at the sticker price.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
sprint_9 said:
What type of street rod you talkin exactly, there is alot of variance there.
he's not talking about a 4 wheeled "hot rod"...he's talking about a harley davidson street rod.

the "rod" family is really the first harley that I would actually consider.  I think the street rod would look schweet with clip ons, dual headlights, and bar end mirrors  ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well, its one of the few harelys that would be faster in a straight line. However in the twisties or on a track I think It would end up getting left behind. Its a high power cruiser, not a sport bike.

Kinda like a Monte Carlo SS or something. Lots of power but I bet a miata would still own one on a track.

·
Registered
836 Posts
ls14ever said:
Well, its one of the few harelys that would be faster in a straight line. However in the twisties or on a track I think It would end up getting left behind. Its a high power cruiser, not a sport bike.

Kinda like a Monte Carlo SS or something. Lots of power but I bet a miata would still own one on a track.
+1

·
Registered
500 Posts
Then again on Pinks I saw a professioanl drag bike rider on a V-rod get smokeeeedddd by a 84 GS Suzuki riden by a guy who swings a hammer for a living. Not to mention the GS had a ungodly amount of miles on it. The HD didnt just get beaten it also brok down in typical HD fashion. Of course some people on here think Pinks is faked when this topic first came up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts