Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to take the fairings off my '99 SVS and throw on some smaller headlights? I have a GSXR 1000 front end.

Here's the front end with no headlights:

what are my options? I want something that throws out some real light, isn't too bulky, isn't made of fake CF, and looks really cool. bucket or twin headlights are both OK.

Here's a bit of what I've found so far..
links and prices and pics are appreciated..
thanks.

pf-s at streetfighters USA

donniej's Acerbis Blitz Carbon Fiber look headlight from Rumble Imports

athflying79's headlights from from Buster's in the UK

RobDog's Buel? headlight assembly

Twin headlight "dominator" set from www.streetfighterdirect.com

orangegilly's EBAY bought kit:

What else is there?? what's the latest and greatest for under $150??

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
donniej said:
check out the acerbis cyclops.
The current model GSXR600/750 headlight looks pretty pimp too.
pretty sweet

i like the number plate. and the price is right. What do you think the light from this guy will be?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Why pay so much $$$ for UK product when do what I did.
http://store.wpsracing.com/cuchheas.html I went with holigens.The quality is superb and the price sweet.I did tons of research on this.The look I wanted was speed triple.I made costum brackets from 1/2 aluminium.I am yet to install since just got my sonic springs waiting for seals to do everything togheter.I recommend doing the fork mod too since you'll need to get rid of all the brackets with stock headlight.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Arvan said:
Why pay so much $$$ for UK product when do what I did.
http://store.wpsracing.com/cuchheas.html I went with holigens.The quality is superb and the price sweet.I did tons of research on this.The look I wanted was speed triple.I made costum brackets from 1/2 aluminium.I am yet to install since just got my sonic springs waiting for seals to do everything togheter.I recommend doing the fork mod too since you'll need to get rid of all the brackets with stock headlight.
do you have any pics of the brackets?

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I saw a really nice Hornet (599) that had a recent GSXR headlight fitted, no fairing, just the headlight... You'd think it was an off the shelf headlight, l;ooked fantastic.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Northwind said:
I saw a really nice Hornet (599) that had a recent GSXR headlight fitted, no fairing, just the headlight... You'd think it was an off the shelf headlight, l;ooked fantastic.
you mean something like this:

that would look awesome. the bracket might be challenging though.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what are the chances i can grab a cheap 2004 GSXR 1000 headlight from ebay:

and make my SVS look like the " MV Agusta : BRUTALE S":

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
That's it exactly....

Just thought of another option, the headlight off a Gilera DNA scooter... http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/102892/

There's another classic fighter option that you don't see much anymore since all the twin headlight and mini fairing kits came along... Just random mini foglights, and lots of 'em... Traditionally 6 or 8. Definately a matter of taste though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The bracket would actually be easy since it is all ABS plastic.

I may try to lick one up for a closer look.

Q

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
aha... looks like someone has already done this:

any idea who this is?? or how the bracket was done??

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
Wow!!!!! :shock:

How about ...........

What kind of mirrors are those?

Whos Radiator & Oil cooler grills are those?

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
GTKrockeTT said:
that last bike is sweet!
Yeah........ I even love that headlight setup......... I wish I was handy enough to mod like that.......

I gotta find those grills and mirrors..........

·
Registered
236 Posts
if you put a bunch of little lights how would you wire it and where the hell would you put them? do you have any pics of what your talking about?

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Don't hae any pics... There was a featured bike in Streetfighters last month using this trick- 6 small self-contained 55W foglights, 2 wired for dip, 4 for fullbeam.2 looked to be bolted directly to the bottom yoke, 2 to the top yoke, and the other 2 mounted inbetween on a seperate bracket. I'll try and get you a pic... Looks good on a proper old-=fashioned streetfighter, 7/11 or similiar.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
67GTONUT said:
I wish I was handy enough to mod like that........
I think Lockhart Phillips makes some kind of headlight bracket that will fit multiple fork widths...

anybody know about this??

1 - 20 of 55 Posts