Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here uses it?

I want to get some sort of 'protection' for my tank, but I don't really want a tank pad like everyone else I see has on their bike.

The concept of StompGrip is great, which is what has me seriously considering it.

Kneedraggers.com has black or clear that will fit my '05 SV. I'm leaning towards the clear cuz of my paintjob on the bike. But, the black, I think would give a nice accent to go with the black frame and wheels.

What are folks opinions of StompGrip products?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a clear one on my silver K7 and love it. Just make sure when you install it you use plenty of heat eg. hair dryer and lots of pressure on the edges.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a clear one on my silver K7 and love it. Just make sure when you install it you use plenty of heat eg. hair dryer and lots of pressure on the edges.
Good to know.

You got the single piece on the rear of the tank, or did you get the 3 piece that has the side pieces as well?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I run Stompgrip in the knee pockets on my '05 SVS. I won't ever own another bike without it.

I have found that the added grip not only helps, but "initiates" better riding posture.

Once you are used to it, riding anything without it feels strange. I'm sure most of the products designed for the purpose all work in a similar way. Particularly nice for heavy braking, and hanging off.

Regards
Darryl

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Re: Tech Spec

:) I used Stomp Grip for a number of years, but I have gone to using Tech Spec,

It sticks better and is not as abrasive on the leathers,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair
I was wondering if anyone had tried both. I bought a set of Stomp Grips for the ex one year at the track and I was amazed at how tall the nipples were. Not to mention my dislike for the PITA of getting the bubbles out of the clear one (which looks horrible if not applied perfectly).

I purchased TechSpec snake skins at the Rally last year (group buy), but I still haven't put them on. I'll be hitting the track again in April, so I need to apply them this month and test them out. I'm hoping that my tank bra will still fit over them for street riding.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I like my stomp grip, but I was meticulous about applying them and my right one is coming off. I'm sure it was just my mistake, but still sucks.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
when my last set of stomp grips came off, i sent them pictures of the backside (glue separated from rubber) and they sent me a new set. I may try tech-specs next bike though

·
Supporting Vendor
9,953 Posts
I like my stomp grip, but I was meticulous about applying them and my right one is coming off. I'm sure it was just my mistake, but still sucks.

:) The Stomp Grip coming off, and not wanting to stick again, was the reason that Dean at Tech Spec was able to convert me, and get me on board as a dealer for Tech Spec.

It is a great product, and I think the grip is better, as well as being friendlier to the leathers,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

1 - 12 of 12 Posts