Votes: 14 5.6%
  • No, I have never had a bike stolen

Votes: 220 87.3%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike was stolen on Wednesday:'(, I was just wondering who else has had this happen to them.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Is this close enough??

Sorry to hear about your loss... :(

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took my dog out to go potty around midnight and it was still there, 7 am when I went to leave for work it was gone. It makes me want to find who did it and take a ballpeen hammer to their spine :violent1:

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
holy $hit jeff.. when was that?? is that why the Scion??

man, who'd you pi$$ off, think it was anybody here?? lolol

:violent1::armsrace:

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
already voted.. $%^$%$.. i forgot about my YZ125 getting ripped during the Blizzard of '77-78...

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Yeah, an RD350 back in '81. And my brother had a Yamaha Vision stolen a few years later. Apartment living in Albuquerque sucked. :(

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Nope. I had my bicycle stolen once by a kid in the trailer park up the road from our house when I was about 12. My dad drove me up there, I beat the kid up and took my bike back :). Wish things were that simple today.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I bought a chain off of ebay for around $100 and keep it locked to a pillar in my complex. I like to think it'd be enough to deter thieves against stealing a bike I paid $3000 for. I also keep it covered to prevent dust and "the curious."

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
My 1985 VF500F Interceptor was stolen from the carport of my apartment complex in broad daylight, when I was on active duty at Camp Pendledump. It was there in the morning when I left for work, and not there that afternoon, when I got home. They recovered it parked on a street about two miles from my house about 2 weeks later.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My 1985 VF500F Interceptor was stolen from the carport of my apartment complex in broad daylight, when I was on active duty at Camp Pendledump. It was there in the morning when I left for work, and not there that afternoon, when I got home. They recovered it parked on a street about two miles from my house about 2 weeks later.
I sure hope they recover it, but I live 15 miles from Tacoma. With the second highest auto theft in the US it doesn't look good for me. If the wife allows it, I may be getting an SV1000S soon.

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
****, that sucks. I hope you get it back. I had a YZ125C stolen from our garage when I was a teenager. I had to mow a lot of lawns to earn that bike, it hurt bad to loose it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I live at an apartment, my bike sits right outside my front door...litterally.
+1 mine is chained to the pillar that holds the eve's up in front of my front door.

I sure hope they recover it, but I live 15 miles from Tacoma. With the second highest auto theft in the US it doesn't look good for me. If the wife allows it, I may be getting an SV1000S soon.
I feel for you I grew up in federal way and when I lived there, I woke more than once to a broken window and a missing stereo.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had my DR650 stolen a couple years ago. THe cops drove past it for 2 days while it lay on the side of the road where it fell out of the thieves truck.

The only reason I got it back is because a cop friend of mine asked around about it.

I got it back but 1) they said it was "only a dirtbike" not a "motor vehicle" even though it was registered and insured, and that it was only property theft and not vehicle theft. They also wouldn't even take prints even though the white tank was covered with greasy black fingerprints. :rolleyes:

I even had to pay to get it back from impound, even though I offered to pick it up at the scene they wouldn't let me. I'm still bitter. Knoxville cops SUCK!

I never did get my car back when it got stolen though.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
The first thing i did after picking up my 06svs was went on ebay and ordered a gorilla alarm. seems to work well cause i still own it

1 - 20 of 66 Posts