Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took apart my rear sets to get powder coated. Just waiting to get the parts back. I also painted the parts that couldn't be coated (pegs with the rubber, shifter (because of the ball joint). Anyways I'm wondering if anyone has some high resolution pictures of the factory rear set. They aren't overly complicated components but I just want to make sure I get it right when I put them on.

Also found out the service manual doesn't have an exploded diagram or even instructions on the rear sets. Kind of whack if you ask me.

I've searched these forums for good pictures of rear sets and have found a few, just want to see if anyone else has some pictures or tips they can give me. Once I get the parts in and start reassembling, I will use this thread for any questions I have.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick question for you guys.

Is this red circled hole where I put the other end of the spring coming from the rear brake light plunger?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
It goes in the hole I circled in blue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So is the brake lever return spring and the rear light plunger spring both in the same hole? Thanks for the quick reply! Going to get her on the road tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Yea they use the same hole, not something you would expect.

·
Registered
102 Posts
So then what goes in the hole he circled red? I ran into this exact same problem two days ago. The service manual makes it seem like there should be a rear brake return spring that connects to that hole (circled red) on one end and to a hole on the frame on the other end. I don't have this spring it shows. Does anyone else? (I have a 2006 naked)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I know on the 07's there is nothing that goes in that hole. I believe the 06 is the same way. Both springs attach in the same hole I circled in the picture above.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
my 08 S does have the "B" brake return spring , which I ran to the red circled hole. I had the same issue putting everything back together, but it just looks more daunting than it is. Just have some patience and hopefully you won't have any leftover parts.

·
Registered
667 Posts
How long does it take to reassemble?

I was on my painting spree last weekend, and didn't want to take it apart after drinking half a case, and not be able to get it back together, now my rearsets are the only things besides the motor that are silver.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
They won't take very long, an hour or two at most if you include mounting and adjusting.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Just make sure you properly adjust the spring that activates your rear brake light, I hopped on the bike a few times to get a feel for its on/off point, as I like to sometimes "flash" the brake light when I'm coming to an intersection and someones behind me.
Ya about an hour or so at most

1 - 14 of 14 Posts