Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone let me know what the ID of the stock SV650 naked bars is?

On my 2003 w/ 2007 GSXR750 front end, I am running a 2005-06 GSXR1000 upper triple clamp, drilled for the stock SV risers, using my stock SV naked bars.
Thing is, I think the upper clamp area looks cluttered and am considering replacing the upper clamp with another 05-06 GSXR1000 undrilled and running 3.5" SWATT clipons.

Here's the rub...I have Throttlemeister cruise control/bar ends on my naked bars and am trying to determine whether they will fit the SWATT bars (the Throttlemeisters ROCK but are pricey...especially to replace)

The The ID of the SWATT bars is 17.5mm (.69").

Thanks in advanve for any help.

Dan

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Just a slight threadjack question: Which brake lever/master cylinder are you running, and are you using the stock brake calipers?

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I get 18mm. If I'm picky and measure more than one spot, I can get down to 17.95 to 18.21 mm.

I think the Swatts will clean up the top triple considerably.

Good luck.

tk

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a slight threadjack question: Which brake lever/master cylinder are you running, and are you using the stock brake calipers?
Brake lever and MC are from a 2007 GSXR750 as are the calipers.

My stock calipers are for sale cheap if you need spares!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Thanks, but no. I'm thinking about a radial MC and lever so that I can have more clearance at the bar. The stock MC design sucks if you're trying to do anything other than the stock clip-ons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts