Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have put a few hundred miles on my Sv now and I love it. Of all the bikes I have owned this is my favorite. Can anyone tell me what adjustments I can make to the front fork and the shock for that matter to improve the ride? I have a 2004 sv650 (naked and blue). I ride mostly twisty mountain roads and some two up. I weigh 180lbs with my riding gear. I also ride moderately aggressively and don't care if the adjustments make the ride harsh. I am also putting some clubman (SM) bars on this week. Thanks for any suggestions.

Bill

·
Registered
21 Posts
Change to heavier fork springs and oil. The forks and shock are adjustable for pre-load only.

M

·
0 Posts
spaulding said:
Change to heavier fork springs and oil. The forks and shock are adjustable for pre-load only.
+1. So far, I've just changed the fork oil and it makes a difference. I weight 190lbs and I'm very happy with this setup. However, I'm always riding solo.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about adjusting the preload. HOw much sag should there be when I sit on the bike? ALso is gettin the fork oil changed something a shop will have to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts