Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just finished up coring the end of the stock cans wow what difference in sound and also a lil more power in the middle i have pic ill post if i can figure out how

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
grind weld off end cap
take roto zip with 1/4 straight bit carbide tip and grind the area shown could go bigger..... i will later
once you do that you will see out the other end of the can lets the air pass right threw it huge difference
just like putting on a slip on but hardly any money then i just painted them flat with grill paint cuz its my track bike what do you think?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i saw thoseon a site yesterday .... bad ass set up but this a track bike i dont wanna put any more into it than i have to but a good chose the hole shot i think for 699 a lil better than the ixil and way better then the tiforce or leo vince

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it was pretty easy just have to were eye protect tion cuz when your grindind it throws it every just use a really good carbide bit. it will be destroyed by the time your done but it will do both cans i used an old one from when i mortice doors i did it right on the bike. then took the pipe off to sand it and paint it . the sound is good better than stock but not as loud as my aprilia mille with an evo race can. just be carefull with the exposed router bit if it catches it will run///////
and could catch yur clothes , skin etc. its spinning at 14000 rpm it will make a mesh of flesh saftey first and know how to use your power tools

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i used to do the same thing to my ducati cans but was able to cut them almost in half and still put the cap back on hte end... a lil shorty can. the can is set up in three chamber it goes in then all the way the end cap but not out ,back to the middle then out the exit pipe by cutting the end plate out the exhaust just goes straight out. if you can get the baffles out even better cuz what will happen is some of the exhaust will still go out the ceter pipe and on a hard down shift you will get a lil popping from the can i didnt have time to work on getting the center pipe out last night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts