Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So taking the advice of you guyz, I finally got around to getting rid of those saftey stickers. That was not an easy task at all!!! It wasn't a one piece pull off...it was more of a spending an hour out side with an old credit card, rubbing alcohol, and sum lemon juice. Heh bad idea to do it at night too cuz I had to keep my headlights on. That just drained the hell out of the batteries. I had to jump it with the car. Anywayz now that the sticker is off, theres still some sticky gunk on the bike. Any clues as to how to get rid of them???

·
Registered
198 Posts
to get them off initially:
heat with a blowdryer and slllloooooowwwwlllly peel them off. a couple came off in one piece; the other two tore a lot and i had to pick at em a bit.

to get rid of the goo:
googone or wd40 should do the trick. make sure you use a non-abrasive cloth when you wipe.

i got rid of all my stickers a few months ago and this past weekend i noticed that there was a visible patch of sticky stuff left from one of the stickers. mix of goo and road dust, probably. a friend had some armorall wipes and that worked surprisingly well. icky stuff came up in 2 seconds.

·
Registered
118 Posts
A little dab of petrol will work wonders. Just dip a cloth into the tank and apply.

·
Registered
498 Posts
wacky_woodchuck said:
Goo gone... works AWESOME... plus it has other uses.. Smells good too... and safer than starting fluid.
I guess you have never tried to light Goo-Gone... It lights well too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've found that Goof-Off works even better than Goo-Gone. However, it has a strong odor and can make you high. And just to be sure, I would suggest washing the bike after using it so it doesn't damage the paint over time. But, I had a battle with a sticker on my bike that the blow dryer and goo gone just weren't getting all the junk off. Goof-off took it off in seconds!

·
Registered
456 Posts
The Honda Spray Polish works well at removing the goo and works extremely well in keeping the bike clean. $4.95 a can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts