Steve's aTRE
Shorai LFX14L2-BS12 Li-Iron Battery
D.I.D. X-ring 525 Chain
Superlite 15/46 Steel Sprockets
SV Racing Parts 2.5" Riser Bars
434Racer Shorty Brake and Long Clutch Lever
Progrip RVGS 719 Superbike Gel Grips
Spiegler Stainless Front and Rear Brake Lines
Penske 8983 Rear Shock (w/Remote Reservoir)
Honda F3/SV650 Hybrid Cartridge Forks
Sonic .85 Springs

I think I'm done for the year...other than some new tires anyway

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
mind taking a pic on the cockpit? ive been contemplating the 2.5 inch svrp clip ons.

awesome bike. i wouldnt call it done though. theyre never done ;)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What advantage does the f3 tops and internals have??
The F3 tops and internals change the SV forks from very simple damper rod forks with only external preload adjustment to decent cartridge forks with external preload and rebound adjustment. Combine that with the right weight oil and new springs and the suspension goes from being garbage to being quite nice.

SV OEM fork explanation:
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27942
F3 swap guide and discussion:
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93927

Racetech's pages on cartridge and damper rod forks:
http://racetech.com/articles/CartridgeForks.htm
http://racetech.com/html_files/DampingRodForks.HTML

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
some bugs
Ha-ha, just got done scraping those off of my helmet...it's Thunder in the Valley (stupid motorcycle rally-type thing) here this week, so I had to leave the area just to get a peaceful ride in.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
I'm confused, what's the point of the clip on risers if your front end is lowered like that?
Same as if it weren't lowered: to raise the clipon position.
His front end looks lowered due to the F3 forks being 1.7" longer, thus the forks are sticking up past the triple like that giving the illusion that its lowered a significant amount.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
It's not lowered, the forks are longer, so to keep the same ride height as stock, they're just exposed more than the stock ones.

Putting those risers on top of the upper would make it almost like handlebars, you might need new lines, but always something to play with when you get bored in the future.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Same as if it weren't lowered: to raise the clipon position.
His front end looks lowered due to the F3 forks being 1.7" longer, thus the forks are sticking up past the triple like that giving the illusion that its lowered a significant amount.
It's not lowered, the forks are longer, so to keep the same ride height as stock, they're just exposed more than the stock ones.
Precisely. :)

Putting those risers on top of the upper would make it almost like handlebars, you might need new lines, but always something to play with when you get bored in the future.
It would, but right now, I am at the maximum height before I run into faring clearance issues without having to turn the controls downward more so than they already are. I wanted the risers because they worked out to being almost the exact maximum height I wanted (at 6'2" with long arms and a short torso, I'm almost completely upright as if I were riding a bike with handlebars) and kept them under the triple to not only avoid those clearance issues, but also to leave room to drop them down a bit if I wanted for something like track days or canyon carving. The SVRP risers can be angled down a bit, but this way I can keep the same bar angle and drop the whole riser without much issue (loosen 4 bolts, tighten 4 bolts) if I want.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts