Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2018 Suzuki SV650
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, everyone.

I've been trying to get this piece off of my 2018 Suzuki Sv650 and I cannot, for the life of me, do it!

I've taken off just about everything I can at this point (I've taken that large center nut off that you see still on in the picture) but I can't figure it out.

And, honestly, I'm too novice to even know what to lookup to try and find a tutorial video. I've tried lookup up "triple tree removal" or "steering stem head" removal - but I'm just kinda going off of the name of this schematic from Partzilla (#1 - Steering Stem Head).

Any help is much appreciated! I have my first track day on Sunday. 馃槄

Registered
2018 Suzuki SV650
Discussion Starter #2
I should probably also mention for those that don't know, I got this bike at a salvage auction. Had been stolen and ignition cut out as you can see. With this forums help, though, definitely got some new parts for it and got it running!

Registered
Are you saying you can鈥檛 loosen the large nut? Or you did? It鈥檚 standard thread so a big socket or adjustable wrench and some muscle should do it. Then you just need to loosen the fork clamps and work it off. Tell me more

Registered
2018 Suzuki SV650
Discussion Starter #4
Are you saying you can鈥檛 loosen the large nut? Or you did? It鈥檚 standard thread so a big socket or adjustable wrench and some muscle should do it. Then you just need to loosen the fork clamps and work it off. Tell me more
Nah, I've taken it off. I assume you mean #4 in that schematic. I've taken off everything that looks like it can be taken off but it's still on there solid as a rock.

very big dumb
big center nut.
pinch bolts around the forks (didnt see them mentioned)

if it's not moving use pb blaster or wd40 on the stem and forks
if it's still not moving, get a piece of wood and a deadblow hammer or rubber mallet and... persuade it with some light taps one side at a time
if it's still not moving, there's a good change the triple is bent or the forks are...

removing top triple is part of this one

checking if forks are straight is here

Registered
2018 Suzuki SV650
Discussion Starter #8
2x4 Persuasion worked! New head on! Thanks, all.

I'm really pleased with the way this bike is turning out for $1800 bucks bought. So far, total sunk is around $3500.

What's still wrong:
The mileage doesn't change (from 2,187) and the mph only shows zero. The blinkers don't work. Clutch feels a little off but still workin!

Registered
The speedo problem may be a mangled speedometer rotor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts