Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 05 which I did a gsxr front end swap on and it came with a factory steering damper. Unfortunately it just will not fit with the factory headlight in place :( Are there any other options for a naked SV for a steering damper? aftermarket or another way to install the gsxr oem?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
yeah, I got nuttin for the nakeds with big round headlights.

Newt was working on something, so to not step on his toes..I did not bother doing any R&D to make one. Its seems like with the adjuster there, it would be a PIA.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh well, I don't really want to get small weird headlights on it, i like the standard one. Is there anything in the aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Top mount will work. Scotts (Ohlins rotary), Pitbull, GPR.

You'll need the appropiate mounting nut for your GSXR top triple and stem. And then the SV tank brackets.

I know Scotts will sell you what you need (that's what I have). Not sure about Pitbull or GPR. I'm sure they will though.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
yeah, I got nuttin for the nakeds with big round headlights.

Newt was working on something, so to not step on his toes..I did not bother doing any R&D to make one. Its seems like with the adjuster there, it would be a PIA.
It's OK Dougy - go for it. I'm not going to make any for anyone else.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
It's OK Dougy - go for it. I'm not going to make any for anyone else.
Well my friend..based on our talks..and the fact that you did not find a way around it, I am guessing fabbing one up, will not really be an easy thing to do..at least with the stock headlight.

Now, once the snow melts, and I have a free weekend, if someone wants too bring their bike...a naked gen I, by (08015), I will see what I can do to create one. With out having a bike in front of me though, its not gonna happen.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Well my friend..based on our talks..and the fact that you did not find a way around it, I am guessing fabbing one up, will not really be an easy thing to do..at least with the stock headlight.

Now, once the snow melts, and I have a free weekend, if someone wants too bring their bike...a naked gen I, by (08015), I will see what I can do to create one. With out having a bike in front of me though, its not gonna happen.
I didn't say I wasn't making one for me. ;D

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I didn't say I wasn't making one for me. ;D
well enjoy it my friend. I am out to profit only from my hard work..not any one else's. ;D

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
well enjoy it my friend. I am out to profit only from my hard work..not any one else's. ;D
Oh. I thought I was going to get to trade you for some DZC wheel spacers. ;)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Oh. I thought I was going to get to trade you for some DZC wheel spacers. ;)
Tell me what you need...I'll hook you up my friend.

·
Registered
237 Posts
bumpity. Any work on this? I would love to be able to use an 04 GSXR 600 stock steering dampner, since I got one when I did my conversion on my naked 650.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
bumpity. Any work on this? I would love to be able to use an 04 GSXR 600 stock steering dampner, since I got one when I did my conversion on my naked 650.
It's kludgy. You have to drop the damper down with a long spacer at the tab on the lower tree, then back up with a fab thingy to the center. I didn't like it.

I've come to the conclusion that the better solution is to put a different headlamp on that sits higher.

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's kludgy. You have to drop the damper down with a long spacer at the tab on the lower tree, then back up with a fab thingy to the center. I didn't like it.

I've come to the conclusion that the better solution is to put a different headlamp on that sits higher.
And then you can just use the current adapter that's for sale?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts