Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the lower clamp has the bolt location for the damper but how are you guys mounting the body of the damper?

Are most people running ohlins linear type? Any other good brands since a rotary one probably won't fit correctly.

I see people running the stock GSXR ones but those aren't adjustable.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I wouldn't waste your money on an Ohlins. Are they good? Yes. Does an SV really need a damper? No (about99% of the time).

So just a cheap gsxr one works great.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
I run a $10 ebay gsxr damper on my own fabbed steel mount with my gsxr forks. I don't run the track, I'm just on the street but will be doing trackdays next year. My steering is bit stiffer with the damper. Did I need it? Prolly not but for $10 and a lil time I have it!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured the SV isn't much of head shake beast but I don't remember the GSXR one even working on my 1000. It always felt like it wasn't working regardless of speed. Is there a cheaper version that's adjustable and that I can feel working? I tried finding a knock-off on ebay but I'm not finding one.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I figured the SV isn't much of head shake beast but I don't remember the GSXR one even working on my 1000. It always felt like it wasn't working regardless of speed. Is there a cheaper version that's adjustable and that I can feel working? I tried finding a knock-off on ebay but I'm not finding one.
You don't want to feel them working.

You can get a shindy/daytona brand damper. I think there are ten adjustments on it. New I think they sell for 100-130. Rebuild kits are available for them for like another 20 bucks.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
You can find knock offs on Ebay. Just search "motorcycle steering damper". I just used that search term and got multiple hits! For example here's one that is posing as a Ohlins knock off! http://www.ebay.com/itm/330MM-Motor...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cca8d46cf&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You don't want to feel them working.

You can get a shindy/daytona brand damper. I think there are ten adjustments on it. New I think they sell for 100-130. Rebuild kits are available for them for like another 20 bucks.

I meant on my Ohlins I can adjust it so I know it works. With the stock GSXR one I had to believe it would work if I needed it. I set mine so there's a slight resistance to turning.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
229 Posts
Talk with Blair at SVRacing parts and he can get you the hardware that you need to fit a Scott's rotary to pretty much any configuration. Gsxr, SV, tank risers, handlebars or clip-ons, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts