Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a dampener for my 650 and was thinking about a scotts/ohlins unit so I can use it on more than one bike. I need something to get rid of the head shake I am getting.

·
Registered
498 Posts
You may want to relax your grip... I don't think I have every heard of someone having head shake on the 650. :?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Do you have any modifications? How many miles do you have on your tires? Under what circumstances do you get the head shake?

It's damper, not dampener.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have never experienced head shake on the sv either, it is good insurance on any bike though. It only takes one tank- slapper!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used to think getting a head shake on the SV wasn't likely either, until it happened to me a few weeks ago.

In some twisities, I hit a bump mid corner under WOT in 3rd gear. Gave me a small headshake, but promptly straightened itself out. Does it to me everytime I hit the particular corner.

The same curve nearly put a guy on a R6 into a full fledged tank slapper.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Are you doing wheelies with the bike?? Coming down too hard from wheelies can destroy head bearings and cause the shake you are describing too.

·
Registered
480 Posts
i'm guessing it would be difficult to get any headshake with the stock geometry (it's like a chopper getting headshake - ok not really). once you play with the geometry by raising the rear and dropping the front, you become more prone to it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
yeah i have my front dropped a little to put more weight forward and the only place i have ever felt my bike get head shake is (LRRS guys back me up here) comming over the crest of the hill going into the bowl only because the front end gets so light then goes right into braking, but mostly becasue it get real light.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts